PDA

View Full Version : Ways to measure BPS?

xSoulsx
05-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know a way to find how many balls per second that you are shooting???

maximus100389
05-13-2007, 02:10 PM
if you have a video or audio editing program you can put the mic next to your gun (make sure the gun/hopper has NO balls in it, but use air) and start firing as fast as you can while recording for about 5 seconds. then if you use the audio editing, slowing down the sound to count how many shots you fired in one second. in the audio editing program it should have bars at where the seconds are.

other than that you would probably need an expensive electronic marker that tells you how fast you are firing.

vikingshadow
05-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Fill your loader with a set number of balls. Have a buddy time you for 10 seconds while you shoot your gun. At the end of 10 seconds, count how many balls you have left and divide that number by 6. That tells you the number you shoot per second minute. Then divide that number by 60 (for seconds). I have a headache (still!) so you may want to check the math on this, but I believe it's right. Do this a few times to get an average.

OR, shoot over one of the new chronos - not the red cnronos because those are notoriously incorrect.

maximus100389
05-13-2007, 02:19 PM
:yeahthat: hadnt thought of that. that's a good idea :)

but wait, should it be the amount you shot. so you take the number you have left, and subtract it from the number you started with.

maximus100389
05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
wait wait, haha. if you know how many you shoot in 10 seconds, you should just divide that number by 10 to know how many you shoot in one second.

vikingshadow
05-13-2007, 02:51 PM
:yeahthat: hadnt thought of that. that's a good idea :)

but wait, should it be the amount you shot. so you take the number you have left, and subtract it from the number you started with.

Yeah, I left that part out - subtract the number you have left from the original amount. Then do the rest of the equation.

xSoulsx
05-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Would an example be...

I have 150 in my loader...I shot...I have 60 left..I subtract 150 from 60 and get 90...then divide 90 by 6 and get 15....Then you divide 15 by 60 and you get .25.....Is .25 the balls per seccond I am shooting???

.25---2.5----25.<---Answer?

vikingshadow
05-13-2007, 04:49 PM
No no no, I explained it wrong - I should have done an example. Like I said, I have a headache and not thinking well - but I do know that's not the correct answer. Let me type this out and see if I can't explain it better....

Ok, 150 balls in your loader. You shoot for 10 seconds and have 60 left. 150 minus 60 = 90 balls. You shot 90 balls in 10 seconds. Divide 90 by 10 and you get 9. That would mean 9 balls per second.

There, I think that's correct. In other words, the way Maximus explained it the second time. I'm gonna go lay down and see if I can't get rid of this thing so I can think straight - I'm not kidding, it's one of those killer headache things! However, I do believe that the math is correct this time.

maximus100389
05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
haha yeah it is. go take a nap vikingshadow, that sounds good. i was sick this weekend and it quickened my recovery.

shunut
05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
if you have a video or audio editing program you can put the mic next to your gun (make sure the gun/hopper has NO balls in it, but use air) and start firing as fast as you can while recording for about 5 seconds. then if you use the audio editing, slowing down the sound to count how many shots you fired in one second. in the audio editing program it should have bars at where the seconds are.

other than that you would probably need an expensive electronic marker that tells you how fast you are firing.

This method would tell you Cycles Per Second. If there are no paintballs going through the gun, then its not really Balls Per Second.

maximus100389
05-13-2007, 05:30 PM
well its assuming his loader can keep up. but we overcame that with viks idea.

Nuwisha
05-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Fill your loader with a set number of balls. Have a buddy time you for 10 seconds while you shoot your gun. At the end of 10 seconds, count how many balls you have left and divide that number by 6. That tells you the number you shoot per second minute. Then divide that number by 60 (for seconds). I have a headache (still!) so you may want to check the math on this, but I believe it's right. Do this a few times to get an average.

OR, shoot over one of the new chronos - not the red cnronos because those are notoriously incorrect.

10 seconds? I won't have any left. The qloader only holds 100 or so and I know they'll be gone less than 10 seconds, should i get a reload in there too? :) I first typed that to be silly but that would give a more accuate reading of how many balls you can fire in a set period of time.......

All I know is that it can take only one ball to take out your opponent... just wether its the first one you fire or the 50th.........

Ace24
05-20-2007, 01:11 AM
All I know is that it can take only one ball to take out your opponent... just wether its the first one you fire or the 50th.........

...and that's what seperates the two different paintball worlds...

One hopper, one kill...
One shot, one kill...

Is a hopper full nessisary? ...no... but isn't it fun!? :)

Kenny_McCormic
05-20-2007, 08:53 AM
yes it is VERY fun to light up trees and **** even with a mech frame