PDA

View Full Version : Stock Bolt Venturi

Inteligirl
05-13-2007, 07:33 AM
HI Everybody. I'm kinda new to paintball started playing in Jan. 07. Proud MR-1 owner wouldn't have any other gun. My husband owns a tippmann which he seems to enjoy but I find it an air smithing nightmare! Anyway wanted to throw out a recent experience of mine. Like everyone that researches tweaking thier spyders I found Otter customs website. I decided to remove the Venturi from the stock MR-1 bolt. I broke out the lighter and pliers and screwed the venturi out. Cleaned everything up reassembled the gun and gave it a test fire. The rounds didn't seem to have enough force behind it. I was shooting a case of monster balls (that I use for practice) and the balls did break but they mostly bounced. I made sure I didn't scratch the inside of the bolt or anything and I'm sure the gun is reassemble correctly. Anyone else have a similar experience?? I went ahead and ordered a new alamo city derlin bolt for a back up but I'm perplexed as to why the performance seemed to suffer. Just though I would throw that out there. :cool:

alam3503
05-13-2007, 07:49 AM
how far are the balls falling?? is the bolt in upside down??

new_Faction64
05-13-2007, 08:04 AM
The air flow and mass of the bolt have been altered. You probably need to compensate for that by raising your velocity.

Having a Chronograph or access to one would be ideal in this case, or any case of tweaking like that, so you could see how the tweak affects velocity. Most likely, the velocity went pretty far down after you removed the venturi.

Inteligirl
05-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the quick replies! Yes I'm sure my bolt is not in upside down I have severe OCD when it comes to working on my gun so that is not a problem. However I did consider the velocity and will play with that today. Unfortunately it will be about 2 weeks before my chrono comes in so I'll just have to estimate fps. The nearest paintball place with a chrono station is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away.

new_Faction64
05-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow I'm proud you actually are getting a chronograph though, most people don't because of the cost, but I've gotten one for safety when playing in my backyard and stuff. THe chrono is a great idea.

But in the mean time, yeah you can just try raising the velocity and seeing if there's a difference.