PDA

View Full Version : Well I traded the DM7...

timmyshoota
05-12-2007, 09:10 PM
...sorta.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/dc%20meet/IMG_2419.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/dc%20meet/IMG_2406.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/dc%20meet/IMG_2401.jpg

I didn't really trade the DM7 for it, but as a resuly of buying it I sold the DM7. Its a 1998 Acura Integra Type R. Only 1023 were made that year, and that was the last year for Championship White. I bought it for pretty cheap considering ITR prices, but its got some problems. Most of them will be fixed within the next few weeks, and then the only thing left will be body work. This has been my dream car for while, and now I've gotten the chance to rebuild one that wasn't taken such great care of. Motor runs very strong though, and the frame is straight.

I need a gun now though, so I'll be looking at picking up something very cheap. I sold the DM7 to pay for Lo-Jack for the ITR, which will run me ~$600.

MVS1
05-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Very nice...I always liked the Integra's, which way you gonna go with it, show or Go

Muddytaco
05-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Looks like it is in good shape for a 98.

Lo-Jack FTW, had it in my truck since day one.

yod3r
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Very nice...I always liked the Integra's, which way you gonna go with it, show or Go

:yeahthat: Personally id go for show because you arnt going to have any money to pay for parts after you get all the speeding tickets lol

Nenkitsune
05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
NOOO keep it stock (body wise) and make it all GO GO GO! i hate showy cars. sleeper cars are more fun. and a fast integra is more fun (even though i hate Frontwheel drive cars)

timmyshoota
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Because of this being a family forum, I can't express how I feel about show cars. With that being said, all I'm gonna do is work on the suspension for auto-x/road course. There's nothing sleeper about a ITR considering it was the fastest production 4-cyl in its time. They run super slow 1320s(mid-high 14s), but they were made for turning. All it needs is a few more bars, and some better shocks and it'll be good.

MVS1
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Little bit of No2 for those straight away sprints ;)

timmyshoota
05-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Little bit of No2 for those straight away sprints ;)

NA > FI. ;)

shunut
05-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Very nice Chris. Glad you got it.

Nenkitsune
05-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Because of this being a family forum, I can't express how I feel about show cars. With that being said, all I'm gonna do is work on the suspension for auto-x/road course. There's nothing sleeper about a ITR considering it was the fastest production 4-cyl in its time. They run super slow 1320s(mid-high 14s), but they were made for turning. All it needs is a few more bars, and some better shocks and it'll be good.
well it's a sleeper considering all white car, with no crazy body kit and stupid show crap on it that makes a car "fast" i don't know too much about honda's, except i hate vtechs. they're all rev and no umf. even my friend hates honda engines, and he builds/races them haha.

vwjimmy
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Nice C......
I vote for all go too...and that one was born for it :)

VS3 Sniper
05-12-2007, 11:58 PM
well it's a sleeper considering all white car, with no crazy body kit and stupid show crap on it that makes a car "fast" i don't know too much about honda's, except i hate vtechs. they're all rev and no umf. even my friend hates honda engines, and he builds/races them haha.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that a acura?

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 01:35 AM
fine fine, in the USA the Integra is badged under Acura, when in reality it's a Honda. Acura is honda's american badge. Much like how Infinity is Nissan's american badge, and Lexus is Toyota's american badge. It's still a honda

UKwithPride
05-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Honda/Acura basically same thing, but not really.
About vtec, it isn't "all rev, no umf" kthanks

Chris, I think it needs 1 importtttant thing =]
<jdmfrontend>
now that that's done, I'm on my way to VA, might want to keep it in a garage for awhile... =]

UKwithPride
05-13-2007, 02:17 AM
One more thing, I'll need those wheels too, kthx. :)

bamf-hacker
05-13-2007, 03:59 AM
and it begins...... Timmy vs. Taco

Car Whores :)

Critical
05-13-2007, 04:45 AM
I miss my 'teg. They need a little more than what you listed to really be able to turn, but once you do it, wow! The two main routes people go with the ITRs is either a high-compression all-motor setup, or turbo. I wouldn't nitrous that car, the compression is already too high, besides, nitrous (by itself) is for people who can't go fast on their own. :D

marvin-martian
05-13-2007, 08:16 AM
where are you going to auto-x it? the VIR?

HelpDeskHustler
05-13-2007, 08:56 AM
are all 3 of those yours?

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 08:59 AM
I miss my 'teg. They need a little more than what you listed to really be able to turn, but once you do it, wow! The two main routes people go with the ITRs is either a high-compression all-motor setup, or turbo. I wouldn't nitrous that car, the compression is already too high, besides, nitrous (by itself) is for people who can't go fast on their own. :D
My car doesn't actually need a thing. Its handles pretty damn good from the factory, but there's always room for improvement.

David, they have auto-x's at Little Creek on base and out at Pungo every other Sunday. I'll be headed to VIR for road course stuff, but thats way out in the future.

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 09:01 AM
are all 3 of those yours?
The white one is mine. The yellow with JDM front is my friend's NHRA all motor drag car, which runs mid 11s, and the other is another friend's bone stock 01.

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda/Acura basically same thing, but not really.
About vtec, it isn't "all rev, no umf" kthanks

Chris, I think it needs 1 importtttant thing =]
<jdmfrontend>
now that that's done, I'm on my way to VA, might want to keep it in a garage for awhile... =]
what i ment was, they rev high, but don't have high tourqe like some other 4 cylinders. they're great at reving high though. just not massive tourqe

Muddytaco
05-13-2007, 10:00 AM
and it begins...... Timmy vs. Taco

Car Whores :)

:roflmao:
I lol'd

HelpDeskHustler
05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
The white one is mine. The yellow with JDM front is my friend's NHRA all motor drag car, which runs mid 11s, and the other is another friend's bone stock 01.
i thought you had an integra with jdm front.

UKwithPride
05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I'll answer lol. It was stolen awhile ago =[

Theheroguy
05-13-2007, 01:23 PM
niceyou should geta quest to replace the dm :dodgy: I mean I like quest but most ppl don't

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Yep, Dan said it. It was stolen 04/10/06. :( I miss that car and actually wish I had that one instead of this one. If I still had it, it'd be paid off right now, and fully built/boosted. I love this car a lot though, I took it out for a drive and was hanging with a 911 through turns. :)

Ace24
05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Why not both :P

Negate the both... haha.

They can be fine tuned for straightaways... but they succeed in acceleration out of sharp turns. Great drift car.

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Why not both :P

Negate the both... haha.

They can be fine tuned for straightaways... but they succeed in acceleration out of sharp turns. Great drift car.

...Its a FWD car. Its completely the wrong platform for drifting...infact its not possible.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
... then why do they do it with WRX's? You can drift a FWD. It takes talent but you can. They do it with Skylines too.

It's about the weight distributation and timing...

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 07:13 PM
... then why do they do it with WRX's? You can drift a FWD. It takes talent but you can. They do it with Skylines too.

It's about the weight distributation and timing...
WRX's are AWD. Skylines come in RWD and AWD. In a FWD car, the front wheels pull the car. If you get the ass end out, all you are doing is power sliding. In a RWD car, you can push the ass end out, and still direct it with the front wheels. Its completely different things. Theres a pro drifter who "drifts" a Civic in Japan, but its not drifting, its powersliding.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh wow... I'm slow tonight. Sorry hahaha. I was forgetting that FWD stood for front wheel drive not four wheel drive. I've been out of car disgussions (and I cant spell..) for a long time now that I got out of the automotive field in HS. (going back in college) :( I've developed an ignorance when it comes to cars now.

My bad hahaha.

...which Acura am I thinking of then... :(

Hoppy11
05-13-2007, 07:20 PM
RX7 and 8 or rwd i believe..

Should have gotten a truck :p

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I know that... they are also rotary engines... er the RX7 is. (I almost... um... can't say it here... when I hear the sound of a nicely kept and tuned RX7's rotary engine...)

There is another one... aside from the RX8 thats rear wheel... it's older too I think. Or maybe it's Nissan... ...Honda? No... not the Prelude... (Although I'm pretty sure Honda bought out Acura... didn't they?)

Hoppy11
05-13-2007, 07:25 PM
IM a flippin idiot.. rx's are Mazda.. My brain shut off right after my last exam last week and i don't plan on turning it back on anytime soon.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm more of an idiot for not catching that you associated the RX series with Acura. Hahaha.

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I know that... they are also rotary engines... er the RX7 is. (I almost... um... can't say it here... when I hear the sound of a nicely kept and tuned RX7's rotary engine...)

There is another one... aside from the RX8 thats rear wheel... it's older too I think. Or maybe it's Nissan... ...Honda? No... not the Prelude... (Although I'm pretty sure Honda bought out Acura... didn't they?)

Acura is Honda's luxury division. Always has been. Preludes are FWD also. The only RWD Honda/Acura is the S2000. They aren't popular drift platforms, but there are a few drifting professionally.

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 07:32 PM
haha, WRX's and Skylines are BOTH AWD, and skylines are a ***** to drift because of the ALTESSA system. it's a 100% RWD untill the back wheels spin, then it starts shifting power to the front wheels. it's possible, but hard. and WRX's are rally cars. they're built to slide in the dirt. you can't drift a FWD simply because, to drift, you need to be understeering and oversteering, all wheels over the limit, but still under control. you can't do that to a fwd.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
:confused: What am I thinking...

...holy crap. It just came to me and I am thinking of a Nissan. The Sil-eighty's and the Silvia's, 240's and 180's are what I am thinking of. Man I need to get back into cars again.

Theheroguy
05-13-2007, 07:35 PM
wow all this car talk is confusing me

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
isn't it wonderful though haha. are we ot yet?

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:38 PM
wow all this car talk is confusing me
:yeahthat:

I used to be able to follow it COMPLETELY... but then got away from cars for over a year and forgot everything... aside from basic matinence, oil change, breaks, filters, lines, starters, windshield whiper motors... easy stuff. I forgot the names of alot of parts and such as well as cars and the manufacture's.

I can still name every car that drives past by the shape of the headlights though. :)

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 07:41 PM
haha, WRX's and Skylines are BOTH AWD, and skylines are a ***** to drift because of the ALTESSA system. it's a 100% RWD untill the back wheels spin, then it starts shifting power to the front wheels. it's possible, but hard. and WRX's are rally cars. they're built to slide in the dirt. you can't drift a FWD simply because, to drift, you need to be understeering and oversteering, all wheels over the limit, but still under control. you can't do that to a fwd.

Skylines come in RWD also. GTS-T's are RWD, not AWD.

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 07:41 PM
i'm the sort of person that ends up getting into every hobby i have an intrest in. i remember everyting even if i've been away from it for a long time. like, i haven't even touched an Alto Saxaphone since 7th grade, but i can still read sheet music for it, and i remember all the notes on them.

to timmy=yeah, since he was reffering to awd though i didn't mention the rwd skylines. the r-32 came in a Type-M that was also rwd. i've always wanted a 1990 Skyline R-32 GT-R. out of every year, the R-32 gt-r is the fastest, lightest, and smallest. since nissan used the same engine on every gt-r the only reason why the r-32 is faster is because of it's weight. i belive that in stock trim, simply by remapping the ecu you can get close to 400hp out of it. Japan has that gentlemens agreement to not produce a production car with over 276hp, so they limit it's power through the ecu.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
i'm the sort of person that ends up getting into every hobby i have an intrest in. i remember everyting even if i've been away from it for a long time. like, i haven't even touched an Alto Saxaphone since 7th grade, but i can still read sheet music for it, and i remember all the notes on them.
:eek:

My memory is horrible. I have the worst time remembering names and such.

I'm pretty good with long term if it's visual, but otherwise... forget it. I'm also the kind of person that thinks with mechanics.

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 07:49 PM
im the type that loves engineering hah. i came up with turbine engine designs using semi turbos, and a few other things. i'm great with visuals, but i'm horrible with verbal stuff. but for some reason i have exelent pitch recognition. probably from playing the saxaphone and guitar. i'm terrible with names alone, but give me a face and i'll remember. i also think i might have add. next time i go to the doctors i think i'll ask about it. (it's bad when people with adhd say i act like them when they don't have their meds)

UKwithPride
05-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Acura is Honda's luxury division. Always has been. Preludes are FWD also. The only RWD Honda/Acura is the S2000. They aren't popular drift platforms, but there are a few drifting professionally.
The NSX was a RWD. :)

Ace24
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
The NSX was a RWD. :)
NSX... maybe thats the car...

... :looks it up:

nope. nvm.

timmyshoota
05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Good luck drifting a NSX though. MR cars just aren't good for drifting.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Good luck drifting a NSX though. MR cars just aren't good for drifting.
Though it has been done. I've seen it on tv.

marvin-martian
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
i dont understand everybodys fascination with drifting...

Ace24
05-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I've done it (no not powersliding) in my uncles 1987 Mitsubishi Starion Turbo, and loved it so much that I kept practicing (expecting to receive the car from him... then he sold it to a Japanese street racer with connections over in Japan for parts for the car) and tried to get good at it... but it's an artform.

Much like a professional paintball players play style. (wow thats alot of P's) It takes alot of practice to get good at. When done correctly, it's beautiful. (IMO)

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
and don't use american drifting as a standard. the US drift circuit is crap compared to the drift circuts in japan. the american is all show it seems, huge angles and crazy amounts of smoke, but from the vids my japanese friend (he moved here a few years ago i think) the japanese circuits focus more on speed than it does show. so you see very very nice drifting, the way it should be, which is, drifting to go faster in a car that doesn't have enough grip for the speed. like how they do it in the wrc. those car's could never go that fast around turns if they tried grip racing

Ace24
05-13-2007, 09:17 PM
and don't use american drifting as a standard. the US drift circuit is crap compared to the drift circuts in japan. the american is all show it seems, huge angles and crazy amounts of smoke, but from the vids my japanese friend (he moved here a few years ago i think) the japanese circuits focus more on speed than it does show. so you see very very nice drifting, the way it should be, which is, drifting to go faster in a car that doesn't have enough grip for the speed. like how they do it in the wrc. those car's could never go that fast around turns if they tried grip racing
Amen.

The Japanese drifting was what inspired me. As well as the AE-86. (1986 Toyota Corola |Hatchback or not|) and thats the art form I was speaking of.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Some of these guys are actually quite slopy... but tell me that the chaindrifting on these mountian roads (that are quite narrow I might add) is not a beautiful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4nhxA5hQs

EDIT:
Now professional...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWDM8uEwVG8

Last video is best example of professional (ignore the videogame sequence)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viL8A1QCP_U&mode=related&search=

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 09:42 PM
*drools a little* playing GT3 actually got me interested in it, then watching EVERY episode of initial D (1st stage through 4th stage) got me very interested. i love old cars, and i love the old AE86. it has a great engine too. they use the AE111 engine (still the same, but it's a 20 valve i think) in the toyota atlantic forumla circuit or something like that. I wish i had a good car to drift with. i found out that a vw with the right suspension components does wonderful in the dirt haha. my friends have a huge dirt lot by their house, and my bug i sold had a stock 1200 in it, but had a camber compensator (gets rid of the "tuck under" problem that would flip them) it loved drifting around. not enough power to go way sideways, but it would handle great at low angles. I play the initial d game way to much as well.....what i really want to do though, is take a 65 vw Notchback, and put in a complete subaru drivetrain in it to drift.

oh yeah, and lets see that viper that's "dominating" the us drift circuit drive like that on a 2 lane mountain road haha

Ace24
05-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I love Initial D... I have 1 - 8 of the Manga... (there is like 30 in the series...) and honestly I like the Manga better... but after watching the series up to the point where I was in the mangas I just sort of stopped reading and watching... idk. I guess buying paintball stuff got in the way of my $10 a manga thing haha.

Vipers are garbage when it comes to tight turning and handling at high speeds. It would four wheel drift right off a cliff. Much like alot of American muscle cars.

My friends are amazed that I can "drift" in a Buick. Heh. (I want to get a video, but if my dad found it, he would KILL me... and I don't want to do it to the car. Torture on the transmition)

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 11:10 PM
yeah, i know what ya mean. there is however, some people building a camaro for the us drift circuit. an old musclecar. i read an article about it. they completly re worked the suspension, since they said it was great goin straight, but once you tried making it go sideways, it wasn't happy. they did a ton of work on the suspension and apparently it loves turning sideways.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the manga thing. before i got into paintball i would buy a couple each paycheck. i've got a collection of about 100 manga lol

Ace24
05-13-2007, 11:15 PM
There is a guy... forgot his name... but hes in the US DC. He drives a TOYO sponsored 2006 Mustang GT. He is really good. All that comes to mind is Yoshi something... I think... I remember because of the name and the relation to a Mario character... :doah:

EDIT:

Sorry for getting this thread so off topic. :wave:

Nenkitsune
05-13-2007, 11:21 PM
so, it went from talking about timmy's new car, to drifting lol, oops?

HelpDeskHustler
05-14-2007, 03:31 AM
whats the acura nsx.

and ive been wondering why i cant drift in my maxima, now i know

marvin-martian
05-14-2007, 05:49 AM
drifting should be kept to rally and dirt.

timmyshoota
05-14-2007, 08:44 AM
There is a guy... forgot his name... but hes in the US DC. He drives a TOYO sponsored 2006 Mustang GT. He is really good. All that comes to mind is Yoshi something... I think... I remember because of the name and the relation to a Mario character... :doah:

EDIT:

Sorry for getting this thread so off topic. :wave:

Ken Gushi. He's 18/19 and has a suspended liscense until he's 21. He's insanely good though.

Hoppy11
05-14-2007, 09:32 AM

Thank you for basically restating what chris just said..

Nenkitsune
05-14-2007, 10:20 AM
i took a long time with typing....and my network crashing to post that.

newkid
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
whats the acura nsx.
It's a car honda/acura makes it's expensive though for being an acura and V6 they arent too common

Ace24
05-14-2007, 06:41 PM
drifting should be kept to rally and dirt.
Well then you watch rally racing and I'll keep watching my Japanese downhill drifting.

Nenkitsune
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
and i'll watch both of them ^^
it's funny though. people think 4 wheel drifting is new, but it's been around since i belive the 20's or 30's. whenever racing first started. the tires were skiny and sucked so much, that doing a 4 wheel drift was literally the only way to make a turn.

UKwithPride
05-14-2007, 11:02 PM
It's a car honda/acura makes it's expensive though for being an acura and V6 they arent too common
And it's also not in production anymore :bawling:

thechubbss12
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Ahh i Love integras.... Acura FTW... Nice car BTW

Outta high school im going into debt to purchas a 1999 S2000... And fully build it from there....

HelpDeskHustler
05-16-2007, 06:05 PM
:dodgy: in regards to fwd, rwd, awd, I thought it was rwd and since g said s2000 was the only rwd honda/acura made now(i didnt know they were discont. though, since like 3 dealers around here have a bunch)

marvin-martian
05-16-2007, 07:10 PM
chris, dan suggested that i take it from you without your knowledge in order to get a solution to my current predicament. i thought about it for a bit, but decided it would be too mean to make you loose 2 sweet cars so close together.

MVS1
05-16-2007, 07:32 PM
and i'll watch both of them ^^
it's funny though. people think 4 wheel drifting is new, but it's been around since i belive the 20's or 30's. whenever racing first started. the tires were skiny and sucked so much, that doing a 4 wheel drift was literally the only way to make a turn.
Funny how its been done for years but only became popular in the last couple of years, I was "drift'n" my 240z in high-school 15 years ago on country back roads and dirt track'n a 68 chevelle at the track every friday night...wish I still had those cars :(
**Edit 20 years ago, Jez I'm older than I thought, I don't feel that old :D

Nenkitsune
05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
i wasn't even CONCEIVED 20 years ago o_o..... anyways, it's actually been popular in japan since at least the 80s. my mom got into it accidently. accidently meaning litterally an accident lol. she said she was driving her friends car in the mountians, and was going to fast into a turn, and instinctevly drifted around the turn. the guy she was with asked my mom if she wanted to start racing. my mom was freaked out by the ordeal and of course declined haha. well, i know where i get a lot of my reflexes from, thanks mom XP

leed
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Chris.. You are so LAME.

I like it though.