PDA

View Full Version : a decision

Lyingcomic
05-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Alright, so i have an electronic frame that came with the old imagine, not the newer ones (ESP Frame I believe?). it is currently "broken", the capacitor is broken and i have to replace it, and the sear spring is gone.

My friend has a spyder pilot and i was wanting to buy his electronic frame instead (the CAMD 2.0). but as i was looking online i saw both frames on Ebay and saw that the frame on my imagine costed more $$$.

To me, it seems as if the CAMD 2.0 is better, since the lighter trigger switch, and different firing modes. but the ESP frame seems to go for more money. So my question is, should I just buy the CAMD 2.0 frame or fix up my old one?

Critical
05-12-2007, 02:28 PM
You could probably find a replacement capacitor at RadioShack for a couple of bucks, and a sear spring would be cheap/free depending on what clicky pen springs you might have laying around. My vote is to save the $$$ and fix yours.

Lyingcomic
05-12-2007, 04:10 PM
oh and i forgot to mention...the ESP frame looks like crap...unfortunatley. not the way its looks but the condition of it is crap. there are "scratches" all over the outside. im not sure if they r scratches or something, but my dad says it looks like some chemical reaction or erosion wutever it is. if i can layer it with another paint or something anyone know how much it costs sending it to someone? or if anyone knows anywhere i can send it to that would be great.

Oscum Guy
05-12-2007, 06:06 PM
camd 2.0 is much better than the imagine IPI frame.

Lyingcomic
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
i still dunno what to do. if i stay with my imagine frame then ill buy a new trigger, sear spring, capacitor, and even paint it (because its in very poor condition). or i could save the trouble and just buy a new CAMD 2.0.

Oscum Guy
05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
the imagine board is capped at 13bps. the camd 2.0, depending on if it is from a pilot/fenix or electra is capped at 20 or 30bps.. also they have more trgger compatibility.

Lyingcomic
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
so i guess youre saying that the CAMD 2.0 is better, and i should buy a new one right?

Oscum Guy
05-14-2007, 11:32 AM
yes. or you could buy a t-board, and put an extra stock trigger spring in the sear. maybe a new trigger.