PDA

View Full Version : Another blemish to paintball

Sandman_Bravo
05-12-2007, 05:35 AM
I really feel sorry for this woman:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/05/09/4165013-sun.html

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2007/05/10/paintball-070510.html#skip300x250

Sandman_Bravo
05-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Update:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2007/05/11/paintball-070511.html

vikingshadow
05-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Stuff like this just pisses me off. Really, it's going to be the non paintball player that kills the sport, not the actual players (my rant about tournament attitudes not withstanding....)

I hope they get the book thrown at them, and then some!

mr1gunner
05-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I hate people like them. Paintball might even be shut down because of all these incidents. Those punks need to be caught and taught a lesson!

STRIKEFIRST
05-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Jail time...lots of jail time...and restitution.

Theheroguy
05-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Stuff like this just pisses me off. Really, it's going to be the non paintball player that kills the sport, not the actual players (my rant about tournament attitudes not withstanding....)

I hope they get the book thrown at them, and then some!
qft

some kidsat my school shot up a persons garden a few months ago I think I know who but the cops never even did anything

Jegger24
05-12-2007, 09:13 AM
:shrug: I hope the justice system pulls through this time.

It's too bad, because all the jail time won't bring that girl's eye back. The consequences should be like in the old times :medieval: (pardon the pun) - "an eye for an eye." Make them go through life the same way that innocent girl is going to have to.

mr1gunner
05-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Why the hell are these guys even doing this kind of stuff? If they think it's cool it isnt. Paintball should be for paintball not for anything else.

Nenkitsune
05-12-2007, 10:56 AM
man, if this stupid crap keeps up, paintball markers will be considered firearms like normal guns. it seems that every incident involving paintball doesn't ever have people that actually play, and that bought the thing to shoot people..they're lucky that girl didn't die from the shock.

mr1gunner
05-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm happy she is alive, but the part I'm sad about is that her eye is severely damaged. It will probably not even recover either.

Jack In The Box
05-13-2007, 09:51 AM
They made themselves accountable for their own actions, and that is good to hear, and it helps our sport.

They arent going to regulate paintball markers like they do firearms due to the fact that one idiot, (or 2 in this case) do something like this. People kill other people with regular firearms daily, and they do what they must to regulate firearms. If you think of the accidents per paintball markers in the world, the difference would be a million to one, and law officials and legislature know this. I think they should regulate them, to the point of registration, that way when these things happen, they know where to go, but to make them illegal to minors, past criminal offenders, and the such, is too extreme. It doesn't have to go that far, just make it regulation that when you purchase one, you fill out the registration slip at the place of purchase, and the seller sends in the form. I think this would put crimes like this to extremely rare occasions just because the purchaser knows they signed there name to a form that can be tracked.

Anyway, this is just my two cents. Im not trying to get anyone fired up.

I do hope these two are made an example of.

clickclicksplat
05-13-2007, 02:23 PM
It's an interesting theory, but can you run ballistics on a paintball like you can with a bullet? Cause otherwise registration wouldn't matter unless you did something dumb like left the marker at the scene.

And yeah... all these thugs who think it's cool to go out with a paintball gun and randomly light people up... I don't even know what to say.

Jack In The Box
05-13-2007, 04:23 PM
My only reasoning behind registration would be the fact that where the marker was bought. This would aid in the fact that police could track down leads with an address on file. And that would be better than it is now. Just like the supermarkets do with those value cards. There was a story a year or so ago where a drug maker was busted because he bought his supplies at a local Safeway, and he used his value card. He even took the time to fill out and return the registration slip, with his address, phone number, everything needed for police to track him down.

Sometimes stupidity just amazes me with people, lol.

As far as ballistics go, I wouldnt doubt that they can, technology is way more advanced than we realize. CSI is more than just a show.

clickclicksplat
05-13-2007, 05:26 PM
lemmie just state now that I'm not trying to be argumentive and that I actually think this is an interesting idea :). That's probably the reason I'm bothering to think about it.

But yeah. It makes sense to me that they can do stuff with a bullet because there's the bullet itself as well as a shell casing left behind. With a paintball, you don't get any of that. They'll just shred. I suppose the point about narrowing suspects is a good one, but they'd have to find some other kind of concrete proof to actually nail them.

Ace24
05-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I almost cried reading that...

I can't stand acts of violence like that. My god.

I seriously think I would go into a depressive state if paintball were outlawed. It's my one release (aside from driving) from stress, and the worries of life.

(I think this was said somewhere before, but it comes to mind) "When I'm in the game, nothing else matters. The world outside the field is non-existant, the worries of life are meaningless. In the game, I'm free."

STRIKEFIRST
05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Well it only takes one or two idiots to start a wave of change. People won't care about the hundreds of thousand innocent law following paintball players...someone will be out to push a law through...they'll name it after her and be a hero for protecting innocent people everywhere.

I hope she fully recovers and the low lifes suffer.

Hob Hayward
05-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Meh, pretty bad, at least the person who did it was a girl, makes it look a bit less bad, also doesn't continue pointing the finger at "violent young males"...

SparkyGT
05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
hopefully they get the same charge as assaulting someone with a gun/knife.

Should baseball bats be registered? lots of attacks with those

Oscum Guy
05-18-2007, 02:14 PM
he needs to die

SpyderFan
05-19-2007, 05:44 PM
i've got a really sad story for you all: in my text book (a ninth grade literature book) there was a whole article dedicated to preaching about how paintball teaches children to be violent and shoot to kill and how they all 'use blood red paint' and created this terrifying picture of a whole group of kids that are hot under the collar to go out and 'bust some caps' in some people. all this is on a high school text book. for a whole school class to read. a class of hundreds. that cant be good for paintballs rep.

Kenny_McCormic
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
what a bunch of BS man if i ever read that textbook ill throw it out the window and start telling everybody what I think of pb.