PDA

View Full Version : New pilot owner.

Porkponey
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah yeah, I know. You've all probably seen enough noobs and their acs's. Sorry to be yet another. I haven't really done anything to the gun. I took the trigger to the grinder for a better (imo) shape, and flatblack'd it. Also flatblack'd the end of the barrel (which I'm desperately looking to replace.) Compressed the spring a good 14 million times and polished what internals I could. Put it back together better than stock and have yet to fire another ball through it, though I'm itching too. Any sugestions on barrels would be great. I'm looking at the regular cp's right now. maybe a quiet riot. And possibly a pepper stickz (not the kit.) For whatever reason I'm really drawn to the latter of those. I think it's the 8 inches of unmolested/unported barrel that I'm drawn to. Anyways, here's a pic. http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2715/picture144rk5.jpg I'm nate, by the way, and it's nice to meet you all.

bamf-hacker
05-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Welcome to SOC Nate.

The CP is a good barrel choice. I also like the J&J's for Spyders.

BTW you have some really small hands, you can walk the trigger with all of your fingers ;)

vwjimmy
05-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Welcome!
I have a CP, a J&J, and several others.....
I use the J&J the most...with a SP Progressive second....
Good luck!

Porkponey
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Welcome to SOC Nate.

The CP is a good barrel choice. I also like the J&J's for Spyders.

BTW you have some really small hands, you can walk the trigger with all of your fingers ;)

Haha. Yes sir. I just stick the gun in the ground and punch at the trigger. Works quite well I muse say.

Porkponey
05-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Welcome!
I have a CP, a J&J, and several others.....
I use the J&J the most...with a SP Progressive second....
Good luck!

Sounds very good. I've heard a lot of people talk about j&j's shooting curveballs, but there is sooooooo much disputable information online that I simply do not believe it. Probably because I've been intelligent about my other hobbies, and generally clean, properly setup well matched and maintained gear doesn't shoot curveballs. So I may still go with the j&j. I'm also really drawn to the evil pipe kit, but it's a lot of money. Although if the new job works out, I wouldn't be against paying that much for a multi bore setup. The j&j multi is also nice looking, and quite cheap as well. Who knows, so many choices. Might as well just start buying and trying.

Porkponey
05-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Another question would be whether or not the teardrop from sp is worth looking into. Actionvillage has the 12" on sale. I think it's ugly, and i've read a lot about clogged portings cauisng some problems, but for 16 bucks it kinda hard to pass up.

clharrell900
05-12-2007, 05:25 AM
i say go for the evil pipe kit. But get the 14" because it gives you more accuracy.

SupaSnipa
05-12-2007, 12:54 PM
hey, if you are looking for a nice barrel that does not make your wallet hurt then i say go 4 the Smart Parts.......the Progressive is pretty good but i just went to a local paintball store and bught me a SP Linear.....I think it was a smooth move on my part.....I love the barrel........i recently went to a friends house with it & i wasnt using my electro hopper and broke a couple balls, I then shot about 2 or 3 rounds and then it was back to normal.......so i think from experience you should go for the Smart Parts

J3omb
05-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I agree.... I just got a J&J and its great. curveballs smurveballs. its accuracy is great. but if you are wanting a barrel for cosmetics.... go with something else. my cousin wrapped his (cept the porting) in electrical tape. a little unorthodox, but looks better. and also helps prevent scratching... ive only used my J&J once and its already scratched.

jerm7997
05-13-2007, 01:37 PM
I use a SP progressive. I love it. Its extremely accurate and self cleaning. If for some strange reason you do chop paint, one ball through the barrell and your back in action. Also for the money you spend, the progressive is hands down the best value for performance. One last thing. If you don't like the contrast of a shiny barrell against a matte black/red painted gun, the progressive can be found in matte black (dust) on ebay as well. Just a thought.