View Full Version : Regulator Question

05-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I just picked up a pilot ACS and want to do some upgrades. I was going to get a palmer stabalizer and a trinity front block. What kind of hose would I need to connect the stabalizer to the bottom line ASA? Can I just use the stock steel hose?

05-10-2007, 12:50 PM
The Palmer stab uses 1/8 pipe fittings, Your pilot ASA & Hose is a metric thread.

Either get an adapter to go from 1/8 pipe male to metric female .... or change out your ASA for something with a valve ( CP ?) it will be 1/8th pipe also.
Then replace the steel hose with Macroline and fittings.

Issue is the thread difference between the factory spyder stuff and the more common 1/8 pipe thread the palmer uses.

05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Is there any advantage to having the macro line as apposed to the stock line?

05-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Palmer's sells a kit that includes the Stab and the correct fittings.

Advantages to macroline: Cheaper, easier to replace, multiple color choices, can buy from macrolineguy.com

There are disadvantages though, it can burst and it can become brittle with CO2. These arn't huge concerns, I've been using macro with CO2 for a year now and I've never had it burst, and never had it become brittle.