PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice!

rommelr
05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
ok here's the deal, im a bit bored since im done tricking out my ion & 98 cpro...
so im somewhat looking foward to tricking out my wife's rodeo, even though she doesn't care if it stays the way it is, and that way is as follows:

1. lapco feedneck
2. read acs bolt
3. 14in. JJ barrel
4. Rocking trigger

so my ? is as follows, what do u recommend i do to it, and if so, how should i go about it, or if there's any links or pics to where i can see what should be my next step...
any help will be greatly appreciated of course... thx...

:confused: :rolleyes:

SupaSnipa
05-08-2007, 06:44 PM
i think you should get the new Senario Dreams T-board then get the eyes. A macroline setup is good. I would suggest a regulator.......the Palmer Stabilizer is the best but a more budget friendly choice would be a Custom Products Shorty or the Evil Detonator- http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/product-1616/evil-evil-detonator-regulator.html .....a new front black Trinity Assult black 15* inward (thats wut i like) or 15* ******d. Perfomance wise I'd get a new valve. A new asa would be nice....maybe a Redz.
Thats all ive got to say....considering that my imagine is like stock

vwjimmy
05-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I agree with the T Board and Vision....
Eyes are the best upgrade you can do to any Spyder.....
Increased airflow, pressure regulation, on/off bottomline, anno and the like are all great 'ups', but Vision is the bomb.....

rommelr
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
when u say vision, u mean eyes... if doing so, i would have to basically drill holes into the body frame (correct)...
just wanna make sure, also supasnipa, suggested a cp reg, dont rodeo perform like tippmann @ 800psi? or not true...
pls lmk anyone thx...

Kenny_McCormic
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
yes and both perform better reged than running unregged but i personally think the spyder is a better eaisier to repair design than the tippman not to mention 1/3 of the price

rommelr
06-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok, so i have a CP Long Reg, and i've read from the description that it can go up to 900psi, but the description on the avi.com site says "0-500psi"... what im wanting to know is what's operating press. i need to have my rodeo working w/o any recocking problems...

also will i need to change the spring with the adjustment of a new reg?

pb34
06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Ok, so i have a CP Long Reg, and i've read from the description that it can go up to 900psi, but the description on the avi.com site says "0-500psi"... what im wanting to know is what's operating press. i need to have my rodeo working w/o any recocking problems...

also will i need to change the spring with the adjustment of a new reg?

What is the setup of your gun?

Edit: I just checked the CP website and they say the max input pressure is 900 psi.

rommelr
06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
the setup is: hpa tank/rocking trigger/acs bolt... nothing else, so can i use the cp reg on it, im sure i have to change the lpc to accomadate the reg...

pb34
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
You have a rodeo correct? The rodeo's verticle adapter doesn't have the correct threading to screw a reg right into. You will have to buy a new vertical adapter to accomodate the reg. Some of the aftermarket V/A's are the Check-it Assault Block or the Trinity Front Block. They both run for around 35 or 40 dollars. Another option you have is to buy one of the stock spyder V/A's that has the right threading to screw a reg into. I believe the V/A off an imagine will work and I'm not sure which other guns use that threading for the V/A.

Are you using HPA? I think the CP regs only work with HPA.

rommelr
06-25-2007, 05:10 PM
must i change the spring, once the reg is put into place?

pb34
06-25-2007, 05:20 PM
must i change the spring, once the reg is put into place?

Which spring? The valve spring or the striker spring? Either way, it's best to buy a spring kit that contains valve springs and main springs so you can fine tune the gun. You might not have to change the spring to make it work correctly but you might.

rommelr
06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
i c. excellent then...
not sure if im going to go thru the cosmetic changes for this rodeo, due to the fact that it belongs to my wife, and i dunno if she be willing to allow to happen...

rommelr
07-13-2007, 10:39 AM
so, i just picked up a NDZ valve/spring kit/alamo striker bolt & bolt/trnity lpc/cp long reg/cp asa... is their anything else i need to help my cause in converting my rodeo low-pressure?
pls lmk thx...

pb34
07-13-2007, 01:13 PM
so, i just picked up a NDZ valve/spring kit/alamo striker bolt & bolt/trnity lpc/cp long reg/cp asa... is their anything else i need to help my cause in converting my rodeo low-pressure?
pls lmk thx...

Thats perfect. I had some trouble getting my gun tuned with the Alamo City striker and just use a regular polished one but that may have been just me. That setup should work just fine.

rommelr
07-13-2007, 03:23 PM
awesome can't wait to put it all together... and shoot of a few reballs to c what the handheld chronograph says...