PDA

View Full Version : New project gun pics....97% done

Muddytaco
05-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I have almost spilled the beans already a few times so I thought I would go ahead and post what I have been doing over the last few weeks.

Well I am growing tired of electro play and with all the noobs only caring about speed lately it really turned me in the other direction. The last few times I have played I am having way more fun playing with my pump orracle cocker.

-how I decided and how I got where i am now

So I stepped back and really thought about what i wanted, first off I was thinking mag since i have really been wanting one lately but then decided it would be cool to get a palmer blazer to, as I started looking into blazer's I decided it against it also as I am highly addicted to upgrading my guns and there is really zero aftermarket for blazers, also wasn't to hot about the barrel system (no threads, held in like a clamping feedneck type design). So at this point I turned back to probably my favorite mech design, the autococker.

At first I was just going to get a PL cocker that was a few years old as the price has pretty much bottomed out on cockers but after going over I knew it wasn't exactly what I wanted, the ultimate mech gun. So here I am now, cocker built from the ground up using only the best of the best of aftermarket parts.

It wasn't cheap (not even close) but I love it, just what I was wanting.

It took awhile but I got everything brand new, except eclipse frame. This was not easy, involved a ton of searching.

Specs:
Freeflow Lotus body w/ clamping feedneck, proud to say its NOT drilled for eyes
CCM front block
CCM front block screw
CCM beaver tail (not pictured)
Belsales mag .44 ram w/ eclipse qev's (qev's not here yet)
Belsales Hollowpoint 3-way
Palmer micro rock LPR (its red to match other parts, not here yet)
AKA SS straight pump arm
AKA cocking rod
AKA tornado valve
AKA hammer kit
AKA lightening bolt
AKA pull pin
Eclipse MK3 frame w/ roller sear
Luke's aluminum grips
CP reg
CP 600psi gauge
CP rail
SP 1/4 turn on/off asa (will be replaced by CP soon)
WWA ultra pump kit
Deadlywind Whisper barrel with full freak insert kit

now for the pics:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070145.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070150.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070146.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070151.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070152.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070156.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5070155.jpg
^^^plug is in lpr spot till it shows up.

Running off the pump it was shooting 285fps +/-3 at 150 psi:)

I put my orracle lpr on it just to test out the pneumatics, all I can say it wow. Belsales stuff is by far the best I have ever used, very smooth and very fast. This gun is just plain fun to shoot, I can't put it down. Probably put close to 3 cases through it already using reballs. It will be my primary gun for awhile, unless of course its a tourny or team scrims. Although I wouldn't mind playing a local tourny with it.

I should have my palmer lpr and qev's sometime this week and I will be playing sometime this weekend so except a more in depth review next week sometime. I will make a video of it after I get the other parts.

Only future upgrade/mod involves another lpr.

Lets see who can figure that out:p

Team Ramrod
05-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Low-rider mod? [edit, hmm, another then i don't know. Thats a toughy]

Looks sweet man, Can't wait for the vid!

bamf-hacker
05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
IT IS UGLY... Send it to me IMMEDIATELY for disposal.

durrell
05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
:shocked: Sexiest Cocker pump ever!

vwjimmy
05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
IT IS UGLY... Send it to me IMMEDIATELY for disposal.
I know how busy Dan is....so I'll take care of it for you. ;)

Nice!

thechubbss12
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
NIce.. Would Look SO much better Ebladed..... But it still looks good

ross * pilot
05-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Where do ya get the money?!? Looks amazing, congratulations.

Hob Hayward
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
****. That has got the be THE hottest cocker I have ever seen.

Muddytaco
05-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks all.

Where do ya get the money?!? Looks amazing, congratulations.

I sold my left kidney on the black market:dodgy:

Seriously though I don't buy anything else really, just PB gear.

Muddytaco
05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
forgot to put up pics with pump on:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5020130.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/P5020129.jpg

Jegger24
05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Meh... :dodgy:

VERY NICE marker!!!

VS3 Sniper
05-07-2007, 06:49 PM
With all these sexy pumps around I have just made a decision........I want one really bad. Taco great job two thumbs up.

timmyshoota
05-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Seriously though I don't buy anything else really, just PB gear.
I'm completely the opposite and since buying a new car, I haven't even thought about getting anything else PB related. I'm just gonna rock what I've got now.

The gun whore in me has died. :(

leed
05-07-2007, 08:03 PM
FYI: You really shouldn't use QEV's with mech autocockers.

But, in any case, it looks great! Very sexy, reminds me of my old mech.

MR2 Woodsballer
05-07-2007, 08:21 PM
sick pump taco can't wait to see it rip. me I just need to drop a few hobbies so I can afford to spend more on paintball.

Muddytaco
05-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm completely the opposite and since buying a new car, I haven't even thought about getting anything else PB related. I'm just gonna rock what I've got now.

The gun whore in me has died. :(

I think I am going to slow up after this one maybe even sell one of my dm6 or nexus, I am ready to get my own tig welder, tube bender, plasma cutter, etc. I have grown kind of tired of the tourny scene and the speedball players attitudes. I seriously doubt I will be staying on the team I currently play for for much longer, one of the kids is really rubbing me the wrong way.

FYI: You really shouldn't use QEV's with mech autocockers.

Some say yes some say no, going to see what happens and go from there.

MVS1
05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Sweet pump Taco...:thinking: I really need a cocker pump, no maybe a phantom:rolleyes:

Ace24
05-08-2007, 12:23 AM
It really doesn't do much for me aside from the color. The color makes me want to lick it.

I have grown kind of tired of the tourny scene and the speedball players attitudes. I seriously doubt I will be staying on the team I currently play for for much longer, one of the kids is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Does that mean you'd be hitting the scenario scene?

I just can't stand the "Agg" kids that act like they can own the crap out of you with their fully upgraded high ends that their parents payed for. Then they get on the field and play worse then the beginner players and can't even shoot left handed. :sigh:

MR2 Woodsballer
05-08-2007, 12:33 AM
I think I am going to slow up after this one maybe even sell one of my dm6 or nexus. I have grown kind of tired of the tourny scene and the speedball players attitudes. I seriously doubt I will be staying on the team I currently play for for much longer, one of the kids is really rubbing me the wrong way.

I hope to see them before you decide to let them go. Don't let some dumb kid mess up what you enjoy. And if all else fails just find a more mature team.

Oscum Guy
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
AWESOME!! good job!

yod3r
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
pure secks!!!!

leed
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Some say yes some say no, going to see what happens and go from there.

Yeah, I was kind of stuck in that too, I decided to do some searching, I found this:

Can I use QEV's on my mechanical cocker?
Yes you can! QEV's were used on mechanical cockers before electro cockers were even dreamt of. They will also improve the responsiveness of your ram.

As well as this:

Please note; Only intended for use on Electronic Autocockers. We do not recommend these for use on mechanical Cockers.

I know Belsales made the QEV's for Planet Eclipse in the first place, but something leads me to trust Planet Eclipse a little more.

And someone mentioned that some kids are stupid and think they can own people with their super high end guns that are upgraded to the max and were paid for by their parents. I will go as far to say that there are some Speedballers that are like that, just as well, there are a lot whose parents didn't pay for their stuff.

Nenkitsune
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
i don't know why a mech cocker couldn't use qev's. i think it would help. the only thing that changes with electro is an electronic solenoid...

newkid
05-08-2007, 06:26 PM
looks sweet

Theheroguy
05-08-2007, 06:45 PM
nice I want a pump to use with my friends when we outlaw ball because we never use that much paint and it usually one shot eliminations in their woods I wouldn't have to worry about any electronics at all.(yes we chrono)

Then they get on the field and play worse then the beginner players and can't even shoot left handed. :sigh:
whats so hard about shooting left handed mine is faster:D

Ace24
05-08-2007, 09:51 PM
And someone mentioned that some kids are stupid and think they can own people with their super high end guns that are upgraded to the max and were paid for by their parents. I will go as far to say that there are some Speedballers that are like that, just as well, there are a lot whose parents didn't pay for their stuff.

I didn't say it applied to everyone. I'm one of those people that hasn't had their parents pay for ANYTHING related to paintball unless I paid them back. (I have had to have a quick loan of cash to pay for some things that I thought I had the money with me to purchase) To those kids, more power to ya.

I just can't stand people with the attitude of "my gun is better then yours and therefore makes me a better player."

whats so hard about shooting left handed mine is faster:D

Honestly, I don't know. But people don't seem to be able to do it.

Theheroguy
05-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Honestly, I don't know. But people don't seem to be able to do it.

im left handed though

Ace24
05-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok... well then can you shoot right handed?

Motorhead
05-12-2007, 09:15 PM
As a machinist, I totally think that gun is sweet !!

Simple, super clean execution of parts to function ... just killer :D