PDA

View Full Version : LP setup without reg?

MonkeyWiz
01-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Is it possible to do a LP setup without the regulator?
I have the capabilities of doing all the rest.
Polishing, open up bottlenecks and so on.

What would happen if i do a LP without installing the regulator?
Would the PMI Pure Energy In-Line sufficient?

shunut
01-27-2006, 05:34 AM
First of all what type of gun are you working on?

I'm assuming a spyder or spyder clone. Its not possible to do an LP spyder without a regulator. Without a regulator you will be running at the pressure output of the tank with is usually 800-900psi, which is far from low pressure.

A PMI regulator would work but there are many other better regulators out there that I'd suggest. I'd either go with a Bob Long Torpedo reg, a Custom Products reg, a WGP Ergo reg or a Palmer's Stabilizer.

MonkeyWiz
01-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Oh, sorry, I should have included that information.
I use a Spyder Victor II with CO2 setup.

I was looking at the PMI because of the price tag.
Are they in the same range?

big_daddy_d
01-27-2006, 07:24 AM
no

shunut
01-27-2006, 08:25 AM
I have never heard much about the PMI regulators. Personally I would look around the B/S/T threads on here and PBnation, you should be able to find a good regulator for a decent price.

aodsnyper
01-27-2006, 10:03 AM
i wouldn't go with the PMI reg. it's cheap for a reason. definately take the $20 or so dollars that you would spend on that one and add some more to get a better quality reg.

if you have a LP tank, then you don't need a secondary regulator. i run my Spyder off of my (LP) Max-Flo through a gas-thru. i have never had an issue.

justin

MonkeyWiz
01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
i wouldn't go with the PMI reg. it's cheap for a reason. definately take the $20 or so dollars that you would spend on that one and add some more to get a better quality reg.

That's just the thing. Over here the PMI costs about $35-40.
Most "cheap" regulators are sniffing around $60-80.
I think it's because we have no production of paintball items in Sweden.
(That I know of)

Thank you all for the answers I got. :)

ProFalcon
01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
a reg is the MAIN thing in a LP setup. its definitely worth the money to get a nice quality one.

phatphil
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
You can't lower the pressure without a reg ;). And stay away from the PMI regs, they are the biggest pieces of ****. You can get a used torp for about $30 on pbn. That would be a much better choice.

Ares
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
low pressure isnt as popular as it used to be. its hit or miss, ive attemptet low pressure spyders twice and both have not had great results. i say run it regulated at high pressure for most reliability and least hassle

MonkeyWiz
01-30-2006, 12:42 AM
But can I keep the LP setup and still go with 800-850PSI.
Would it be harmfull to my my marker?
(I can't se that it would)
As I said earlier, I can do all the the mods except installing the regulator.
I now no that I can't LP it withoiut the reg. but do I have to do everything at the same time?