PDA

View Full Version : ACP Halo B & Empire B Speed Pully.

Ace24
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Does this work? I was looking through ACP today and saw it and was wondering if anyone here had purchased one and tried it out.

http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/ACCESSPIX/speedpulley.html <- Link for those who want to see what I'm talking about.

Would that be worth the $8.95?

bracer028
05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
what link?

tater_salad
05-07-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/ACCESSPIX/speedpulley.html
^
I think that is the link he is talking about.

Ace24
05-07-2007, 12:34 PM
That link is what I had... Wtf.

EDIT: Ohh hahaha. I sent that cat bouncing off the wall thing to my friend and I guess when I copied the link for the ACP stuff, the CTRL button didn't go all the way down. (I have a metal shard stuck under it and havent taken the time to get it out yet so it probably didn't go all the way down when I hit Ctrl + C)

tater_salad
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Yea after you edited it LMAO. I would probably buy it if I wasn't buying a new bolt for my Cocker.

Ace24
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
The mods edited it to say "Don't be an ass" I just went back and corrected it. I was positive I had the right link but the CTRL button didnt go down all the way... that had to be it.

Nader
05-08-2007, 05:55 AM
I have a similar product made by Shocktech in my Halo, and yes, it does increase the speed at which the motor can function, and actually increases battery life as well.

It's a great little upgrade, but you have to know how to disassemble a Halo completely and put it back together; which, I assure you, is a pain the first few times around.

Ace24
05-08-2007, 09:20 AM
That shouldn't be a problem. I was taking apart RC cars at the age of 6 and fixing them and putting them back together. Hoppers are a peice of cake. :)

I was going to fool around with the Empire B2 I just picked up, but it's for my friend and I don't want to take ANY chances. So the other two Empire B's I purchased will have to be my testors.

Thanks Nader!

Hob Hayward
05-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I have the NDZ version in my Empire B2 (which, is pretty simple to take apart, the one hard part is getting the cone spring thing correct when putting it back together.) I guess it might make the hopper faster but in reality, with the cone spinning faster, you end up with more popcorning in the hopper on the last balls.

leed
05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Something else to know about: If you're spring is too strong, you won't be able to prewind the cone as the gear ratio changes (AKA: You gain speed, but lose torque). However, the stock spring should be fine.

I personally have seen a large change in my cousins hopper which feeds much faster than it did before with the pulley. The only thing is, the belt ended up catching on something inside his halo, so I ended up putting it upside down (groove close to the motor body) and it works fine.

Another thing, is you should think about making your own, as they are very simple, and do not require much work at all to get one to work.

Ace24
05-09-2007, 09:38 PM
I probably could make my own... but I don't have the time or the patience at this moment to do that. Maybe if I had more sleep... wich I can't seem to catch lately, I'd be more enthusiastic about it. For $8.95 I can just order it at the same time I do when I get my Esprit bolt and save on shipping. It's worth $8.95 to me to have it professionally done with good material.

bamf-hacker
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
It is not really needed... Are you shooting faster than 15bps anyway and the stock loader can way surpass that. Just my opinion of course, but spend your money on a new part for your marker instead.

Ace24
05-09-2007, 09:49 PM
My gun's board has a top speed of 36BPS... now can the gun shoot that... no. But I can well suprass the 15bps ramping and can also set it for higher rates of fire on ramping. I probably won't end up getting it... just for future reference if I find that the gun I am planning on getting in the future needs to have a faster loader. :) ('06 Cyborg)