PDA

View Full Version : Bum VS2 reg much...

53FordF100
05-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello, folks.

I just picked up my new VS2 today, and it's been nothing but torture. Anyway, I got it home, charged it up, and threw my crossy 45/45 tank on, and slapped a Halo full of reballs on.

Cocked it, and took a shot. Shot perfectly. Then I did a string of shots, and 2shots went off before it decocked.

Through looking at the gauge, I have determined that I can blame shootdown. Basically, my reg isn't recharging well at all. I took it apart, lubed the piston and the inside of the reg body, and then lubed up the hammer and its o-ring. Note that I used PE Oil for all lubrication.

Well, my tricks to fix it haven't worked, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've emailed Kingman, but they always tell you to send the marker back, and quite frankly, I'd rather fix it myself than send it back.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hossy
05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Did you break the reg in, or did u just shoot with it out of the box?

53FordF100
05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
It's probably cycled about 300 or so times.

It shouldn't recharge THIS poorly though...

OOB
05-06-2007, 06:40 PM
what PSI you running at?
Also the gun out of the box is not very well lubed. Make sure to lube up all the moving parts.

53FordF100
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
As I said, I took care of lubrication. My hammer was DRY.

I've tried all the way from 180 to 280 or so PSI, nothing has changed for the better, sadly.

spitfirocks
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Mine was just like that also..When it was stock..Basically i would take a shot, nice and perfect, then when i start rocking it, it just uncocks..You need to shoot about 4000 dry fires, maybe even more to FULLY break in the reg. I suggest gettin a full charge, going to your local field and buyin all day air, and just keep rippin and watch the recharge rate get better and better..I also suggest takin like 2 9volts with you just in case ur rechargable finishes. I also reccomend that when your done with 4000 dry fires, lube everything, thouroughly(sp?) and then play for the day...This solved my problem, but i still needed to fully upgrade it...as you see in my sig

KillerPanther
05-07-2007, 04:59 PM
i had this same problem too and another one where the on and off dial did'nt even move any more sent just the reg back to kingman and they replace the piston and both o rings and had it back with in 2 weeks which is ok.

Hob Hayward
05-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Also, make sure to drop a few drops of oil into the ASA, that can help reg recharge.

53FordF100
05-07-2007, 06:01 PM
As I said, I actually took the reg apart and lubed the piston and such.

I was actually rather surprised, as Kingman actually took the time to do the 'MacDev Mod' to the reg.

+1 point Kingman :)

If it wasn't 7, I could call Kingman...too lazy to send out an Email at the moment.

I have the feeling I can sort this out with a good waste of air.

spitfirocks
05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
lol if ur 7, then im like around 4-6...and besides arent u supposed 2 be 10 to play pb?

53FordF100
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Say what?

I was talking about what time it is...

spitfirocks
05-08-2007, 02:59 PM
wow sorry i thot you said...if i wasnt 7....hahaahhaaa innocent mistake

Jack In The Box
05-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I just recently had the same problem with my VS3. Took it to a big Supergame to break it in. Honestly the only major problems I had during game time, was it wasnt recocking fast enough, I solved this problem by turning my reg up to almost 300 psi, after that the problem seemed to be fixed. I was very unsatisfied with the battery life of the rechargeable that came with the marker. I dont think I even got a full case through it before my charge died.

The real problem I had started after I got home. I took care of the cleaning and lubing, put my new CP flame drop forward on, (after some modding on the ole bench grinder), and went to air it up and send some paint through it, to get a feel for the new drop forward, and thats when I noticed my reg on/off knob had a problem. I was getting some resistance when trying to close the valve. I could tell by the feel that it was the o-rings, but nothing to do at that point accept close it so I can get the tank off.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I got the on/off knob apart and sure enough the o-ring was missing a chunk from it, I replaced it with an o-ring from the kit of the same size, went to air it up, and it did the same thing when I turned it off. I found a different o-ring of a smaller diameter in the kit and put that in, thankfully that solved the problem as there were no more o-rings of that size in the kit.

This is the second reg I have had for this marker, the first leaked from the threaded allen nut on top of the reg. I have to say, thus far, I am none to thrilled with the regs on these markers, but I am giving it my all to see if the problems go away. Have to get all these problems solved before the Spyder Cup.

Hope you get it figured out. Let me know the outcome.

Hob Hayward
05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Jack in the Box, did you keep the o-rings that got busted lubed before they died? Nicely oiled o-rings usually don't go bad.

Jack In The Box
05-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Hob, yes, I oiled them very well. When I got this replacement reg, I took it completely apart at the place where I bought it and went through it with oil. The owner of the shop wanted to make sure that I got a good replacement, and wanted to see how it was put together since they hadnt had one apart up to that point.

Thankfully so far the slightly smaller O-ring well oiled is working great.

Thank you for asking though. I think that might have been the problem with the original reg.

mikemoon07
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
when i shoot reballs my gun deckocks. but i figured out that it was the reballs messing up the action somehow. cuase it shoots fine with paint. also the reballs tore my detents in half. i guess because of rubber against rubber..

Opteron-O3
05-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I was having the same problems when I got my VS2. The regulator seems to be the problem... The on/off oring broke on me, the recharge is horrid, and I'm just tired of it. So I bought the Trinity VA adapter so I could use my Torpedo and ASA.

I hate paintball.