PDA

View Full Version : Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Tourny, We took 3rd

MVS1
05-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Well today was our first tourny in a while and we ended up 3rd. We had some pretty steep competion (1st place team semi-pro outta San Jose all running 07 Ego's and 2nd place team out of Santa Barbara which is soon to be semi-pro as soon as they get their sponsorship straightened out) so all in all my pick up team faired rather well. Fortunately I was able to score an Angry Halo at the last minute after my pulse did a superman of its own last sunday praticing. The tourny was a charity fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and was held in honor of one of my teammates brother that had passed away a month and a half ago from CF, would have been nice to take first for him but making it to the final 3 was cool enough.
Sorry, no tech question here or anything like that, the A1 was rock solid and drivin tacks all day long and the trusty old pilot ended up seeing a lot of action after one of my teammates PMR had a leak from the end cap (bad oring on the inside of cap) and epiphany wouldn't bite down well enough on the Zeggy's feedneck...
Oh yeah, she rocked all day, and once my buddy got used to Taco's trigger he was rippin.

Opteron-O3
05-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear you got 3rd and had an awesome time :thumbup:

leed
05-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I know Josh will be glad to hear that there was a Cystic Fibrosis Fund Raiser Tournament.

And congrats. Do you know how much money was made?

MVS1
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
$800, plus some other donations that they hadn't counted, not much but not bad either considering the size of the town we're in.

mv540
05-06-2007, 07:56 PM
NIce mn.....gat any pics??:p

MVS1
05-06-2007, 08:56 PM
NIce mn.....gat any pics??:p
Should have a ton of picks up tomorrow or Tuesday, and maybe a couple of vidoes, waiting for the guy to email me everything.

bigred76
05-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Which team was it out of my town (San Jose)? Synergy? X-Bomb?

3rd aint half bad knowing some of the teams around here like I do. :) Which tournament was this, and where was it held? I normally hear about tournies happening, but I didn't get any info on a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation one...

durrell
05-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Sweet to hear that you played for a good cause..also sweet to hear the A1 ripped all day. :)

Congrats.

shunut
05-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Awesome! Glad to hear that the paintball world gives back like that and for CF, even better. Glad you guys did well.

MVS1
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Which team was it out of my town (San Jose)? Synergy? X-Bomb?

3rd aint half bad knowing some of the teams around here like I do. :) Which tournament was this, and where was it held? I normally hear about tournies happening, but I didn't get any info on a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation one...
X-bomb (it was a 3 man tourny so only part of their crew, but they played well that was for damn sure). The tourny was hosted by the local field here in Lompoc CA, little town off Hwy 1 just north of Santa Barbara

Hob Hayward
05-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Thats pretty awesome, glad to hear you guys did well, and the charity function of it aswell.

bigred76
05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah, X-Bomb is really good. Not surprised at all by a win by them. They practice sometimes at my local indoor field, Bear Creek Milpitas.