PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to see how fast you are shooting

Neary511
05-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Here is a way that I used to see how fast I can shoot with my new Rocking trigger. First I downloaded the program Audacity, next I hooked up my microphone to the computer and hit the record button, then I just started walking the trigger next to the microphone. You can break down the timing into tenths of a second or smaller and you can see each trigger pull, just count each trigger pull in one second. See if you can beat your friends!

vikingshadow
05-06-2007, 05:46 AM
While that sounds cool and all, walking a trigger without air and paint isn't an accurate way to judge how fast you can shoot. In fact, if that were the case, I'd be shooting in the 20's or higher!

While I hate to rain on the parade, a much more accurate way to tell is to video yourself shooting (with air and paint) and then goldwave it. OR, you can fill your loader with a set number of balls, then time yourself for 10 seconds. When that is finished, count how many you have left in the loader, subtract from the original number then take that total times 6. That will tell you how fast you shoot per minute. You can divide that by 60 to ge the number of balls you shoot per second.

STRIKEFIRST
05-06-2007, 08:21 AM
MY chrono has a bps feature...I should give that a whirl someday...I always figured if I got you bunkered I don;t casr if its 5 or 55 bps...