PDA

View Full Version : Invert mini

newkid
05-05-2007, 08:32 PM
My friend was thinking about getting an Invert Mini. If anybody owned one or shot one, whats your opinion on them.

Ace24
05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
They are pretty nice. Small, light. They have some kick to them though.

They also need to be broken in if you get one brand new. The bolt will chop ALOT before it's broken in.

Personally, I think the Rail is easier to work with out of the box. But in the long run, I prefer the Mini's style, feel, and unique design.

STRIKEFIRST
05-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Played with one at the shop....I'm afraid i'll break the darn thing!

HelpDeskHustler
05-06-2007, 09:27 AM
imo they suck and he should get a pmr.

the reg isn't great, and you're stuck with it.
stripping the gun isn't impossible, but it's fairly time consuming.
unbalanced feel to the gun
etc.

unique design.
sued for copyright infringement... sounds like there's no debate that its unique ;)

Ace24
05-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I didn't mean the operation, I meant the body design.

Nenkitsune
05-06-2007, 11:40 AM
The Mini is ok, I played around with one at the field a couple weeks ago. It doesn't kick much, and shoots real nice, but imo it's too small.

Ace24
05-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I like how it sounds :)

ttam13xlpb
05-06-2007, 01:12 PM
i like it its small,light,and fast.the only problem with it is its not really good on air.other than that i like it alot.

Ace24
05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
the only problem with it is its not really good on air.
Neither are alot of high end guns, spool valves, and the like. Newer guns keep comming out and the air effiency keeps going down. :( Ego's, Timmies, Cyborg's and the like are pretty good on air in comparison to the spoolies though.

calebh
05-09-2007, 10:44 PM
speed is more important than air efficiency, especially when those speedy markers are only used for games that last a few minutes.

vikingshadow
05-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Actually, these days, even speed isn't that important. With MOST tournaments going to some sort of ramping and only allowing up to 15 bps, speed is just what makes the young kids all hot and bothered. I suppose in smaller, beginner tournaments, they aren't being limited, but once you get into higher levels....even then, every gun that comes out anymore are paint slinging machine guns, almost ALL of them will outrun most loaders available. And if not, there are TONS of aftermarket boards that will help you do that. Personally, with the field of guns being leveled, I'd have to say reliability and consistancy is the BEST judge for a gun these days.

I held a mini a couple weeks ago - it felt alright to me. Not noticeably lighter than my PMR, didn't feel too weird, kind of funny looking, but it was ok. I didn't get to shoot it, though. Best bet is to just shoot the guns you're interested in and get what's best for you.

Chris Cole
05-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I like a long setup, so mini's just feel weird. I've held several, and my friends on Tx Storm swear by them. It's too small for me to shoot comfortably. But then again, I think my Imp is a good size and I'm still adjusting to a Nerve.