PDA

View Full Version : I gotta get me one of THESE!!!

druid
05-04-2007, 12:44 AM
My God...I'm in love.....

HAWTNESS!!! (http://www.eclipselauncher.com/) <--click it foo!!!

Nader
05-04-2007, 03:39 AM
*gasp*

I want to see a vid of them testing the paint rockets.

MVS1
05-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, now that's what I call a force multiplier.

shunut
05-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Is it just me or does the video no work?

kidonfire
05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
vid doesn't work for me either

Theheroguy
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
that was awesome man but I don't wanna be on the buisness end though

alecamo
05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
gay

stylinbeaver
05-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Vids worked for me. It took a couple of mins for them both to load but worked. I've never been much into the "woodsball" scene, but I still would like to own one of those.lol.

Oscum Guy
05-04-2007, 03:46 PM
made by eclipse?

http://www.eclipselauncher.com/media/GunTestOne_Eclipse_Promo_1_MPEG_1.mpg
http://www.eclipselauncher.com/media/GunTestOne_Eclipse_Promo_3_MPEG_1.mpg

try those. for me they started up in quicktime.

DyNasty9
05-04-2007, 03:46 PM
that...would hurt lol

druid
05-04-2007, 08:30 PM
gay

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom :bird: . Do us all a favor since you are so insightful...never post again...
---
For the rest of you, it's not an implement that's supposed to be used against other individual players per se...it's more for removing tanks, bunkers, doors and other structures in a scenario.

True that it'd hurt like an *** if you got in it's way...but think of it as support armament instead of a "one-on-one-player" thing...

MVS1
05-04-2007, 09:21 PM
gay

Your kidding right

Ace24
05-05-2007, 12:04 AM
*gasp*

I want to see a vid of them testing the paint rockets.

It's a grenade launcher. Not a rocket launcher. It shoots paint grenades. Probably does it like the M203 attatchments do it for the M4A1 replicas. You pack 6 paintballs into a shell, charge the shell, load it (you do this before a game, obvously) and then when you fire, it's like a shotgun blast. Only this one has a revolution system. So you can have multi rounds. I've seen these before.

For the rest of you, it's not an implement that's supposed to be used against other individual players per se...it's more for removing tanks, bunkers, doors and other structures in a scenario.

True that it'd hurt like an *** if you got in it's way...but think of it as support armament instead of a "one-on-one-player" thing...

It's a shotgun... You can use it against players. Tanks need rockets, it doesn't fire rockets. It fires 6 paintballs or 12ish (couldn't count them all in the second video.)

It's like ramping only all at once instead of a milisecond of relief inbetween the shots of drawn outness.

I want to bring this to a speedball field. :evil: ...and bunker someone with it.:D

vikingshadow
05-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Holy crud! Does that thing actually have that much kick?

Ace24
05-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Your shooting 12+ paintballs at once... it's like a shotgun. So most likely.

TheRedBarron
05-05-2007, 10:18 AM
It's a grenade launcher. Not a rocket launcher.

http://www.eclipselauncher.com/sitebuilder/images/PaintballOrdnanceWarheadRocket-600x399.jpg
It has also tested successfully with the Scepter 40mm grenades and the Paintball Ordnance Warhead Rocket.

bigred76
05-05-2007, 10:45 AM
It shoots hedgehogs/caltrops too... I want one! :D

Specs page for what it'll shoot: http://www.eclipselauncher.com/night_vision.html

druid
05-05-2007, 11:09 AM
It shoots hedgehogs/caltrops too... I want one!

Specs page for what it'll shoot: http://www.eclipselauncher.com/night_vision.html

Hedgehogs and Caltrops are nice...but so are bouncing betty's :D :D

And true that you could load a "grapeshot" round into it for it to be used as an "antipersonnel" round...the problem is the fields around here frown upon that...nerfs-n-nades for tanks/structures only. It's not the psi they are worried about becuase most launchers operate around 130-160 psi...it's the volume of air coming out of the muzzle, all at one clip. It's enough to blow a mask clean-off someone's face, endangering their overall safety.

For those wanting to use it in a speedball field....yer kidding right? With everyone crying and whining about:

"...what does this weigh?...what does that weigh?...my _____ has too much recoil! and every other this and that......."

...to whine about...you think someone's going to run around with THAT?!? LOL......I doubt it. The launcher has a 40mm bore and is made of 6061 and 7075 Aluminum and stainless steel...designed to withstand pressures out to 500 psi. If it's designed anything like the launchers we use in the prison...THIS thing has to weigh around 35 lbs...

yod3r
05-05-2007, 12:09 PM
dang that thing is sweet...i definatly wouldnt want to get hit by that beast

druid
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I was wrong about the weight...

This just posted on the SpecOps forum by "Solar"...the apparent creator of the thing.....

Thanks for all the good comments guys. To answer at least the questions I can remember...

I am still doing ballistics tests since the launcher can be adapted to run different size ballast chambers and barrel lengths. I updated the site a bit and will be posting more videos showing the the launch of 40mm foam, finned rounds as well as the Scepter bladder style grenade. The launcher has plenty of extra power since it was designed to be able to launch 9oz. shark repellent cannisters off of SCUBA regulators. The higher psi of paintball regulators allows for a smaller ballast chamber configuration. The reload time on this launcher is the fastest that I have seen for a 40mm launcher of any kind. A belt of shells can be swapped in a matter of seconds. 6 rounds can be discharged in 4.5 seconds which is 1.5 seconds slower than the M-32, but I will be any known launcher to 12 rounds.

These shells hold 20 .68 caliber paintballs or 50 .50 caliber. I prefer a mixed round. I have shot 9 players at once with one of my launchers. It is not uncommon that only one paintball will hit a target due to the spread. A future option is a multi-range barrel system and velocity adjustment that will conquer that issue. Also, the ASTM did safety test with the Scepter grenades which as a 2oz bladder. 20 paintballs is under 2ozs and also disperse a lot of their energy upon impact. I have personally taken a hit of 8 of the 15 loaded rounds to my body wearing just a light camo jacket and t-shirt at 385 fps and 15 feet away. It stung for certain, but I have dealt with worse from hot shot semis at greater distances.

Just for kicks I shot a finned, foam round at 275psi and it traveled 225 yards into a 10kt headwind. I hope to surpass this mark on a less windy day.

In regards to it being a primary weapon... It is true that it works well in support or in packs, but I have also attached other paintguns to it. I would like to mount a longbow or a qloader system onto a marker that is combined with the Eclipse. A sling helps a lot, but it weighs in at *only* 10lbs, about the same as an AK-47.

I believe that an earlier prototype may air on Animal Planet this afternoon at 4pm during the show Ms. Adventure in it's shark cannister role. I only think this because me site received over 1300 hits today! I had the web site name on the barrel... :-)

If you read the blurb that goes with the prototype pictures you will catch the part about biodegradable rounds. I just used the paper towels sabots to show how well it works using the lowest common denominator.

The list has shrunk. Only about 20 slots left. A few guys want more than three of them! not sure what the price will do once I get into a full swing of production. I am not really making anything with this run especially considering the years of work, but I am trying to get it into the hands of those that can use it most effectively. What I'm saying is that I don't know if the price will go up or down in the future, but I will be offering different variations that can be upgraded at a future time by purchasing parts kits. I included a pic of the the launcher in a breech loading configuration with a super long barrel and ballast tank just for fun.

I have a huge interest in this launcher for many applications, but I plan on maintaining a variant that is specifically for paintball.

Thanks again for all the good comments. Check back soon for the updates. June 1st shipping.

-Rory

Nenkitsune
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
why does this thing make me feel like i'd see it in "the whiteboard"? lol those rounds make a kinda weird squishy splat noise XP

newkid
05-05-2007, 07:51 PM
thats pretty cool

Kenny_McCormic
05-05-2007, 08:42 PM
man if i had a lathe and a mill i would make one as i already have the technical knowledge to build something similar and am part of the spudfiles spudgun community