PDA

View Full Version : chopping paint / barrel question

Rds
05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
hi, im brand new here and have a few questions about my spyder sonix '07 red/black.

im chopping paint far too often... at first i thought it was a blowback problem so i bore a few holes in the feed neck and stock hopper then turned down the marker to about 275 and im still chopping paint.

ive also recently added a stock 12' MR1 barrel to my sonix.... is this a bad idea? im finding my shots dipping earlier then usual but im not really sure of that... I'll update

SupaSnipa
05-04-2007, 11:08 AM
are you having barrel breaks or just chops

kidonfire
05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
If your chopping it probably means your outshooting the hopper. Get a decent agitated/force-fed hopper. Adding the barrel was probably better for it. For the best accuracy, you want a good paint to bore match.

TXTeague
05-05-2007, 06:10 AM
I would say you are outshooting the hopper (depending on your rate of fire). Once that has occured and you are shooting a dirty barrel, your shots will do all kinds of crazy things (dipping, etc.).

Make sure you clean everything and then slow your ROF, how does it do? If you are still chopping then you are more than likely having barrel breaks and not chopping. That can be cause by a number of other factors.

Try cleaning everything up and shooting slower and let us know how that does.

Rds
05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
im pretty sure the paint is breaking in the chamber and im not shooting fast at all.

TXTeague
05-06-2007, 05:31 PM
What kind of paint are you shooting? Is it fresh?

Rds
05-07-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah brand new... and its not cheap paint

05-07-2007, 11:32 PM
ur out shooting ur hopper
get a new one

TXTeague
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
It still sounds like you are out-shooting the hopper but try these things and let us know...

Try shooting about a hopper ful of paint, shooting at the ROF of about a ball, or two a second. Do you still have the problem?
Have you noticed the problem occurs more often when the hopper is full or near empty?
How is the paint/bore match on the barrel?

Lyingcomic
05-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I actually think it is the paint you are using. check to see if the paint is not too large for your barrel. i once that problem where the paintballs i was using were swelled up, and i chopped every other shot.

My second guess would be your hopper - as everyone was saying.

ross * pilot
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
This was happening to me. It would break directly in the middle of my feedneck. To check to see if you have a lot of blowback, take off the plastic feedneck and wrap a paper towel over the cylinder where the paintballs line into. Next, tie a rubber band around the paper towel so that its snug around the stock feedchamber. When firing, if the towel tears that means you have a lot of blowback and it would help to upgrade to a bolt with orings (not sure if the sonix's bolt comes with them) If my explanation isnt making sense to you, type in Blowback Test into youtube or google vidoe