PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 and tranformers

BrianT
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Is anyone else as excited about spidermane 3 and transfromers as i am?

HelpDeskHustler
05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
big meh to movies in general. smaller meh to superhero movies, eh to transformers.

marvin-martian
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
i think S3 is going to be really good, but i havent seen much on transformers other than that it was being made.

HelpDeskHustler
05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
superman and batman (begins) were dece but i can't really say i enjoyed them beyond that of a superficial nature.

Sandman_Bravo
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
S3, a little. Transformers, emphatically no.

golfer4ever1523
05-02-2007, 10:40 PM
S3, definately, I'm going to the midnight opeing showing. Transformers...not so much.

Mech Warrior
05-03-2007, 06:22 AM
My 12-year-old son and I will be going to see S3 as soon as it comes out. He wants to see the Transformers, but I vetoed that. Looks a little too dark, I think. I'll have to wait until it comes out to see the reviews and watch more trailers.

But S3 is a must-see.

Warnichek
05-03-2007, 06:26 AM
I have a date with my wife & 10 year old to see S3 Friday night.
Can't wait to see Transformers!!! I got the cartoon movie on DVD for Christmas. My little brother (30 yr old) still buys Transformers and Marvel figures.

Moe
05-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Did anyone else think of Elias from clerks 2 when they read transformers? because I did, and it made me crack up.

I havent seen the second spiderman, so chances are I won't see it, and transformers...whatevs

leed
05-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I've been excited for Transformers ever since July last year.

vikingshadow
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM
My family will be seeing both - hopefully Spiderman 3 this weekend and then when Transformers comes out (for me, not necessarily for them! I loved that show!)

Then it's Harry Potter, and probably some sappy love thing to pacify the wife....

DFSniper
05-03-2007, 10:37 AM
spiderman actually looks pretty good compared to the first two, and transformers is gonna rock... then again, im a big car buff...

vikingshadow
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Just got back from Spiderman 3 and I gotta say that I liked it! I didn't think I would (so much for listening to those yahoos on PBN...)

I will say that the storyline veered WAY away from the comic series which was something that really drew me to the story in the first place. However, they compensated for it quite well. There were a LOT of funny scenes, something that I wasn't expecting, but Toby McQuire did a great job at being a badass. The hair thing was hilarious and timed perfectly - I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I see so many kids doing that on a constant basis that I automatically said, "Oh, my God! He's gone emo!" - which set my oldest daughter off (she hates it when I call someone that. I suspect she may have some emo in her, but I don't dare say it to her face in fear of the 3-day sulk and the "Why do you have to always bring me down?" talk that follows. 14 year olds... :rolleyes: )

Anyways, I won't even attempt to compare it to the other two because it's not worse than them, but not better either. It's just a different movie, is all. I will say I liked it a LOT better than 300....

HelpDeskHustler
05-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Just got back from Spiderman 3 and I gotta say that I liked it! I didn't think I would (so much for listening to those yahoos on PBN...)

I will say that the storyline veered WAY away from the comic series which was something that really drew me to the story in the first place. However, they compensated for it quite well. There were a LOT of funny scenes, something that I wasn't expecting, but Toby McQuire did a great job at being a badass. The hair thing was hilarious and timed perfectly - I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I see so many kids doing that on a constant basis that I automatically said, "Oh, my God! He's gone emo!" - which set my oldest daughter off (she hates it when I call someone that. I suspect she may have some emo in her, but I don't dare say it to her face in fear of the 3-day sulk and the "Why do you have to always bring me down?" talk that follows. 14 year olds... :rolleyes: )

Anyways, I won't even attempt to compare it to the other two because it's not worse than them, but not better either. It's just a different movie, is all. I will say I liked it a LOT better than 300....

idk s-man ending kinda was the suck. movie was too dark.

vikingshadow
05-11-2007, 04:01 AM
I actually like the ending. I think it brought the movie from the funny/joking/fighting down to "reality", of course Hollywood style. It definitely made Spiderman not so invincible. The fact that he NEEDED help, and even then it almost wasn't enough, (I didn't ruin anything here - everyone knows that the good guys always win in a superhero movie)made it seem like he went from cocky, "I'm a celebrity" guy to "Oh, crap! I'm still just Peter Parker" guy.

Although the thing with Harry didn't follow the comic series, I kind of liked it. The thing with MJ left the door open for the next one, though I wonder about Venom coming back in some form.

bamf-hacker
05-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Transformers FTW... Those of us old guys that grew up with Optimus Prime should be stoked.

I will see SP3 when is out on DVD ;)

Maxx-Damage
05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone gonna see Delta Farce? Its got Bill engvall and Larry the Cable guy in it. Probably over the weekend though ill be seeing S3.

vikingshadow
05-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Nope - it looks stupid to me. I'm not much of a fan of Larry the Cable Guy, and when Engvall gets with others, he's not very funny.

Can't wait for Transformers!

HelpDeskHustler
05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
we named our fetal pig (biology dissection) optimus prime
spoilar: scroll fastar

and the ending sucked... because now there is no super friends league.

/spoilar.

VagabondStarJXF
05-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Spidey 3 - There were lots of niggly things that spoiled it for me. And I think it could've been improved if it went a little darker in an "Empire Strikes Back" kinda way.

Transformers - I was looking forward to it until I found out that Michael Bay is behind it and that they've changed most of the Decepticons into vehicles used by authority figures (police, army, etc.). Was that really necessary? These organisations have enough negative publicity as it is and now a new gerneration of kids are gonna see this film and get the wrong subconscious impression.

timmyshoota
05-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Spiderman 3 was the corniest movie I have seen in years. I mean they were all corny in a way, but 3 was just insanely corny. The emo part could of been done much better than the way it was done. It just looked retarded.

I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't very good.

HelpDeskHustler
05-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Spiderman 3 was the corniest movie I have seen in years. I mean they were all corny in a way, but 3 was just insanely corny. The emo part could of been done much better than the way it was done. It just looked retarded.

I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't very good.
ya it was pretty corny... i rewatched tears of the sun, thats way more corny.

Warnichek
05-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Hated S3 ! waited so long to se and got there and was dissappointed. Fight scenes were cool but gawl the emo crap and the crying crap was waaay to much. Lot or corn-ball stuff that was not even close to the comic book. Sandman had no part in the movie that justified him being there. his part could have been left out and made room for more Venom. lot of inconsisitancies in the movie.

won't spoil it it any more for you.

Hope Transformers will be better
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w236/Warnichek/autobot_1024.jpg

BrianT
05-15-2007, 03:05 PM
it has to be.

Mech Warrior
05-15-2007, 03:09 PM
'nuff said