PDA

View Full Version : mr1 timmy

newballer
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Can the mr1 be converted to a spyder timmy?

kidonfire
05-02-2007, 03:07 PM
you mean a spimmy right?

Critical
05-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I'll let you know in 3-4 months when mine is done.

Ace24
05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Not without some serious dremeling and milling.

As it is set up stock, the MR1 does not have a LPC or VA. There is no place for you to put those on either. So the only way you could do it is if you chopped it down and converted it. It would take some serious time... but it's possible. Why would you want to Spimmify a MR1? High end milsim?

Hob Hayward
05-03-2007, 04:19 AM
You could retap the metric threads where the airline goes into the body and put a direct mount stabilizer in (1/8th npt). Rig an LPR in, and then it'd be simply getting a new valve, timmy frame, ram and ram sleeve.

Critical
05-03-2007, 05:40 AM
It's a lot easier than that (I hope)! Yes, there is no LPC or VA, but in a Spimmy, those come off anyway. Here's my plan (I don't have any problems giving it away, mine won't be done in time for this season anyway): 90% of the marker would be just like doing a regular Spimmy. Attach the timmy front block to where the valve spring cap goes. Use a cut down striker spring as the new valve spring. Route the air lines through the foregrip (I might use hard line for part of this). Use the PPS 90* ASA adapter on the timmy front block so the regulator "looks" like a flashlight or some other mil-sim accessory. See, it's easy!

newballer
05-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Thank you for the replies. I did mean a spimmy, and I just was looking to do something different. I found a good animation of the timmy, I was thinking that the ram sleeve mounted from the front, and the mr1 body would have to machined down. My bad. Sounds like Critical has some good ideas. Thanks to Otters SC, Spyder pages of the idea.