PDA

View Full Version : j&j barrels; no luck

theklu
05-01-2007, 04:17 PM
i have two j&j barrels, one might be the wrong barrel all together but the other is spyder threads which fits. Now, the stock barrel works flawlessly, but the j&j never worked, then again, I didn't have an oring on it. Is the Oring necessary for this gun?

DRAGON
05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Never worked wha? -

Glasher
05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
i have two j&j barrels, one might be the wrong barrel all together but the other is spyder threads which fits. Now, the stock barrel works flawlessly, but the j&j never worked, then again, I didn't have an oring on it. Is the Oring necessary for this gun?

What do you mean by never work ? Might be paint to barrel match also and yes an o-ring would be very necesery so it can be more stable and more accurate

theklu
05-20-2007, 08:31 PM
i think i've concluded that the stock barrel is the best (used with (blaze?) bronze paint). Once i got oil throught my gun (something i didnt think i needed), and the bolts chamber cleaned out, my gun was shooting like a true champion again (cause three weeks ago i cursed out every profanity i could think of at my gun).

On a side note, i did get the j&j barrel ( http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=1286Fn075wA68DtqxX_6vnfyci-PyvyK1Lo=?ProductID=W4KsFAY7xQkAAAD3RCelA_2t - the one i have, i think) working when i added the o-ring, but the shots became somewhat erradict and i did have some ball chops (not up the feeder neck), but the barrel is usuable.

does anyone have any expierence with this barrel? or maybe another barrel i could spend my monies on?

Ace24
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
i think i've concluded that the stock barrel is the best (used with (blaze?) bronze paint).

working when i added the o-ring, but the shots became somewhat erradict and i did have some ball chops (not up the feeder neck), but the barrel is usuable.

does anyone have any expierence with this barrel? or maybe another barrel i could spend my monies on?
Your paint is probably too big for your barrel.

Voodoo27909
05-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Same barrel my son and I bought and use for our MR2's. No issues/complaints on this end. In both applications it virtually eliminated all of our barrel break issues. We have run everything from White box, Stinger to XBall Silver and Bronze thru them.

Inquisitor
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I was thinking of buying a 14" J&J barrel but this thread has dicouraged me. I recently bought the bigshot barrel and it broke a lot of balls in one day. So I came home in rage and decided to find a better barrel, I found the hammerhead barrels but I don't have any good info on it so that was out of the question. So I wondered maybe I should get the J&J barrel but with this thread of "inaccuracy" and "ball breaking" I don't know what to do. Does anybody know if this is worth the buy, is this barrel accurate and will it break balls?

theklu
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I was thinking of buying a 14" J&J barrel but this thread has dicouraged me. I recently bought the bigshot barrel and it broke a lot of balls in one day. So I came home in rage and decided to find a better barrel, I found the hammerhead barrels but I don't have any good info on it so that was out of the question. So I wondered maybe I should get the J&J barrel but with this thread of "inaccuracy" and "ball breaking" I don't know what to do. Does anybody know if this is worth the buy, is this barrel accurate and will it break balls?

on a side note, i just thought, it may of been the paint as a factor, i had the paint in my car for month, the temperature wasnt too bad in chicago - not freezing and didnt get really hot but the temp has changed quite a bit...but observation as that the stock barrel really shot better then the j&j (but the jj barrel looks better on the gun)

Inquisitor
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
on a side note, i just thought, it may of been the paint as a factor, i had the paint in my car for month, the temperature wasnt too bad in chicago - not freezing and didnt get really hot but the temp has changed quite a bit...but observation as that the stock barrel really shot better then the j&j (but the jj barrel looks better on the gun)

It could of been the paint but looks are one thing but performace is key. I just really need to know if J&J is worth it? I don't want to buy another crappy barrel like the LAPCO Bigshot barrel.

Jegger24
05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
It could of been the paint but looks are one thing but performace is key. I just really need to know if J&J is worth it? I don't want to buy another crappy barrel like the LAPCO Bigshot barrel.

I've owned three J&J barrels and I could NEVER say anything bad about them. The key thing is a paint to barrel match, like what has already been told. There are quite a few factors to consider when it comes down to criticizing the barrel...age and quality of paint, paint size, paint shell...etc. I have a $30 J&J that has better accuracy than my Stiffi Switch kit...which was no where near $30!

Go with a J&J...you can't go wrong.

My $0.02

Ace24
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I've owned three J&J barrels and I could NEVER say anything bad about them. The key thing is a paint to barrel match, like what has already been told. There are quite a few factors to consider when it comes down to criticizing the barrel...age and quality of paint, paint size, paint shell...etc. I have a $30 J&J that has better accuracy than my Stiffi Switch kit...which was no where near $30!

Go with a J&J...you can't go wrong.

My $0.02
Amen.

I prefer my J&J over my Empire barrel kit. If it only was a kit and not just the plain .688 bore 14" Ceramic.

It is by far the best barrel I've ever owned aside from a kit. He was having trouble because of a bore match problem. Yes if you find paint big enough, the stock barrel will fire better. But the bore on the stock is large to allow for all kinds of paint. The J&J are tinier for more precise measurements in bore size.

Inquisitor
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Sounds good I think I might just get that barrel, next payday.

Voodoo27909
05-23-2007, 09:05 AM
BTW Inquisitor, I own a Hammerhead system...and they are simply AWSOME.

Inquisitor
05-23-2007, 11:29 PM
BTW Inquisitor, I own a Hammerhead system...and they are simply AWSOME.

That is what people say but it is like 200 dollars for a full fin set and are they really self cleaning? I have been told it really isn't because of the spirals in the barrel. Can it be said that they are truly really accurate at what distance?

theklu
05-25-2007, 05:16 PM
for the people that said the j&j is a great barrel, what kind of paint are you guys using???

Jegger24
05-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Pmi Premium and Marballizer primarily

Voodoo27909
05-26-2007, 01:33 AM
The hammerhead is truely expensive...as pointed out. As far as the rifled barrel goes, no gain there in anything really OTHER than for that very reason, they do GREAT at self cleaning (self explainatory there). They are an extremely accurate barrel do to the short fins at all pratical ranges, and the good barrel to paint match. Worth the money if they can be afforded. IF not, go with whatever is within your means. Iv used them extensively, and they are just a versitile system. Very good product.

Inquisitor
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
The hammerhead is truely expensive...as pointed out. As far as the rifled barrel goes, no gain there in anything really OTHER than for that very reason, they do GREAT at self cleaning (self explainatory there). They are an extremely accurate barrel do to the short fins at all pratical ranges, and the good barrel to paint match. Worth the money if they can be afforded. IF not, go with whatever is within your means. Iv used them extensively, and they are just a versitile system. Very good product.

Ok, I will take your word for it. I will prob. get them at a later time when I get sick of the J&J barrel that I am going to buy.

Thunder14
08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
VooDoo, What barrel do you have? and how many fins and what size are the fins? I was looking at a hammerhead Battlestikxx and was wondering how many fins to get.I just ordered 8000 empire engage balls and 8000 diablo nightmare balls and will see which I like better