PDA

View Full Version : Started my "The One" project...

VagabondStarJXF
05-01-2007, 08:56 AM
... and I think I pretty much know what I have to do. I'm just a little confused I guess.

Being that cash is running low again (why is there so much time between paychecks?) I ordered the ram and front block. They arrived today. I was a little confused because I'd been informed by HobHayward in another thread (Going T1... (http://spyderea.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17789)) that Damon includes a spring. There wasn't one so I'm a little fracked at the moment. (Don't worry Hob, I'm not having a go at you!) I've sent an email to the very helpful Damon again on this matter and while I'm waiting on an answer from him I thought I'd ask a few Q's here too...

Are there Spring kits for The One?
If there isn't does anyone know what size spring I'd need? (I'll try my local hardware store if I can, y'see.)
Does anyone have a T1 or T1 kit that they can take pics of? (I just want to see how it all the internals fit together before I mess it up!)
I'm going for the Maddmann Rocket Valve for the T1. Has anyone here tried it out?
Damon at Scenario Dreams tells me that I can use the Ver-C Primal T-Board or Ver-C Spyder T-board with all the stock ESP wire harnesses and a Humphries solenoid, thus sorting out the 12v solenoid problem. Isn't that cool?

Ok. So that last one wasn't really a question but I thought I'd chuck it in there. :) As always, any help/answers/advice I get is much appreciated.

BTW I'm posting this all over the place so don't be surprised if you see the exact same thread elsewhere. I like getting as much info as possible! :D

Nenkitsune
05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
yep, the verc tboard actually has a jumper on it for EP markers. man, i kind of want to build a t-1, but i think i wanna build my spimmy more XP

VagabondStarJXF
05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I've got a reply from Damon and he's got some springs handy so I'm probably ok on that front now. Roll on payday so that I can get the rest of the stuff I need! Does anyone know what kind of hose I'd need to get for the pneumatics? Is cocker LP hose ok to use or should I get some high flow timmy stuff? Or are they the same?

Nenkitsune - I'm always doing more than 1 project. I'm doing 2 spimmys, 2 LP eMarkers, 1 LP mech and now this! I know what you mean about wanting to get a spimmy done first except I'm just waiting until I pluck up the courage to start milling out the bodies. I think that's why I started this one now! lol :D

Nenkitsune
05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
yeah, i'm currently working on 3 or 4 projects. once tim sends me some parts i can start my Spocker project, and my LP project again. I'm dremeling my current spyder body to be a spimmy (it looks pretty good so far, a bit rough, but good) and i'm working on making my em-1 all pretty. i'm buying a black/red fade tray and frame from a b2k4 on monday.

Hob Hayward
05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Well he told me that he included ram springs, so not really my fault :p.

Have you considered the delrin ram made by ACP?

Also, thats pretty cool about the noid.

Oscum Guy
05-01-2007, 05:14 PM
ep jumper? good luck on the projects.

spimmy milling is not really all that hard, go ahead!

08Lud08
05-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Ask on pbnation in the dragun forum about a replacement noid for t-1, I forgot which site but they have them for $50. most of the people there know where to still find parts and stuff like that.

Ace24
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I love mine. I have the Dragun T-board from Scenario Dreams with the Ultra Chip in it.

Great board.

I love mine. If you need pics of anything, let me know. I also have some parts for it. I have the ram, a front block, ram cap (Unmodified you'd have to modify it if you want to put a QEV on it). I think I still have some other parts lieing around too.

I can't wait to finish my T-1 Project. (Almost there!!! Check out my sig for a semi new pic of it.)

thechubbss12
05-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Rocktet Valve for the T-1.... it was a tough cookie.... I liked it but it made for ALOT more problems with the gun.....

Stock realy is fine... but if you want to upp it then go for it...

VagabondStarJXF
05-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Oscum Guy - Thanks. I'm planning on doing something complicated for the milling... and I've never milled a body before so I'm still a little scared of messing it up. lol

08Lud08 - Will ask there. Thanks.

Ace24 - Any pics of how everything connects to the solenoid would be great. I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'll throw you a pm if I get stuck anywhere.

thechubbs12 - I'm basically upping a Spyder. Can I use the stock Spyder valve?

08Lud08
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I tried to see if my brothers qev from his ion fits and it does but I dont know how it shoots with it cause I had no air.

Ace24
05-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Thats what I have on my T-1. A Virture ION QEV. Sidney put it on.