PDA

View Full Version : how do you turn a system lp+ other air q's

azminisk8r
04-30-2007, 11:16 PM
as title shows, how do you make an electra 05 a lp system, im thinking about keeping it around 300 psi just to make it reliable and pretty efficent.
btw can all air tanks be used in a lp system?
electra's made for c02 initally, it doesnt need any mods to make it air compatible right?
whats an on/off and do you need it for an air system

bigred76
05-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Otter's website goes over how to make a LP marker (www.ottersccustoms.com). You can check the Ultimate Resource Thread link in my sig if you want some related information to this as well.

As far as air tanks, any can be used. Some markers like CO2 better, some HPA. The HP output kind of HPA tanks is preferable in general as it can be used in almost any marker in the place of a CO2 tank.

It does not need any modifications to make it compatible with HPA.

An on/off is basically a new bottomline that screws onto the bottom of your trigger frame as a replacement, and basically turns on and off your air source. You need to remember that most on/off's are made for "inline" holes. Spyders have an "offset" hole pattern on the bottom of their trigger frames. You'll need to drill the new pattern as well as tap it OR get an adapter to use most. Some you can get in the form of a drop forward, and will have the proper screw pattern. If it does not directly say "universal" or for Spyders, then do not get it. It will not work.

If you have any questions on what will work or not, just post them here and I'll try to do my best to answer them. :)