PDA

View Full Version : feed neck

LiquidSmok3
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Can i change the feed neck on the pilot and if so, how?

pb34
04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
You can change the feedneck on the Pilot. You would have to buy an aftermarket feedneck without holes or with "tabs." To remove it you just unscrew the screws that are on each side of it. Some good aftermarket feednecks are CCM, NDZ, or Trinity.

dyno
04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
I bought a Trinity for my pilot. I don't recommend it. It doesn't clamp down tight enough on either my gravity feed hopper or my Halo TSA Backman. They both still turn and the clamp won't go any tighter.

weitjosh
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
thats funny, i have a tsa backman and my trinity neck holds it just fine. i admit i have to tighten it a little more than i would like to but, it gets the job done.

pb34
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I love my CCM. Works great and will hold on to whatever you put in there.

dyno
04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
weitjosh, My clamp actually touches and is pulled so tight that I'm afraid if I tighten any more it might break. I called Trinity for advice. All they did was give me a hard time for buying a Halo TSA. Then they suggested wrapping tape around the neck of the hopper. They did also say they couldn't stay in business if their stuff didn't work. They were alot of help... Did you do anything special to get it to hold? I just figured 2 different hoppers, must be the clamp. I'm keeping mine, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'd love some advice.

thanks,

weitjosh
04-30-2007, 09:01 PM
does it spin real bad or do you have to try to get it to spin. mine still lets my loader spin, but i can tug all i want and it wont let go. thats wut i was looking for. a feed neck that would grab it hard and not tear up the surface of my loader. if the clamp is almost touching, kinda file the edges down at an angle a lil bit to give them some more room. a buddy of mine did that to his and it works beautifully

dyno
04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
If I turn my marker up-side-down the halo will fall out. I cut a thin sheet of plastic and wrapped it around the neck. That seems to give it enough to hold on to. That's a good idea about the filing.

Thanks

azminisk8r
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
hey is anyone selling a good feedneck? pm me

Hob Hayward
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
NDZ makes great feednecks aswell. Mine works for both my halo TSA and my empire b2, so it has a very wide range of settings.

Sandman_Bravo
05-01-2007, 02:46 AM
thats funny, i have a tsa backman and my trinity neck holds it just fine. i admit i have to tighten it a little more than i would like to but, it gets the job done.

My Trinity was the same. After a while from having to tighten so much, the bolt bent and eventually broke. I picked up a CCM from Sundragon and it holds like glue with no problems.

bamf-hacker
05-01-2007, 06:48 AM
The Hybrid feednecks also work great. I have one on my Spyder and it holds my Halo, Revvy, Eggy and Vlocity tight. I have not tried the pulse on it yet.

fwgericke
05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Id reccomend the smart parts q-lock, ive got one on my pilot and it works great, it hold your hopper like you cant believe. You just need to get the little adapter with it so it fits on the marker, But its a great feedneck!!