PDA

View Full Version : Removing bolt

Vector_Control
01-26-2006, 04:30 PM
About three weeks ago I decided to take my Fenix apart and really clean it well. But I was stopped before I could even really start becuase I couldn't remove the bolt. I know that to remove it, you have to take out the set screw on the back of the bolt to release the striker knob on top. But the screw would not come out. I messed with it so much that I stripped the head of the set screw.

Frustrated I left it alone for about a week and then took it over to a friends house. We were finally able to get the screw out after using a high torque drill with a flathead bit. And that was after about 20 minutes of trying.

It seemed like that set screw is put in with loctite or something.

Then four days ago at a game, that same friend was having problems with his Electra. The bolt setup is identical to the Fenix. He wanted to take out the bolt on his Electra to clean it but we had the same problem. The set screw would not come out.

So my question is this: is there something we're not doing correctly? Is there an easier way to remove the set screw on the back of the bolt so that you can take the bolt out to clean it? O

I practically damaged my marker trying to get mine out. I'm afraid to know what my friend is doing to his. Seems like a very poor engineering design to make the bolt that difficult to remove.

Any suggestions or tips would be useful. Thanks!

covert24
01-26-2006, 04:35 PM
u dont have to adjust the set screw unless its all the way in. heres a video of how u take it out.

http://media.putfile.com/removing-the-Top-Cocking-Knob

manyppl have been having the same exact problem as u.

Vector_Control
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Okay. After watching that I feel like a complete idiot. :foreheadslap:
Thanks for the link Covert.

covert24
01-26-2006, 06:28 PM
np and welcome to the forums.

superhandz
02-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Okay I saw the video and my pilot acs bolt knob will not come out. I also tried to turn that set screw in the rear of the bolt. No luck! Any other advice? Thanks

ooglieboogliebob
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
just pull for your life ... thats really all you can do ... get a wrench for better grip

superhandz
02-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks, I did just that with a pair of pliers. Came right out!

ooglieboogliebob
02-15-2006, 02:58 PM
nice, welcome to the forums, pleasure to help :)

beau
04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
hahaha im sorry thats funny. Its all apart of the game a guess learn from error but yea welcome to the forum and ask befor you do anything else there is no reason why you cant ask us even I no this gun like the back of my hand.:)

thechubbss12
04-13-2006, 05:56 PM
umm man im not a Mod (not trying to take over your jobs mods), but this is a 2 month old topic... and reviving a topic this dead is bad =(.

In other words the mods will ask that you not to do this.