PDA

View Full Version : Air Leak through the barrel???

Crazypinoy9
04-28-2007, 05:32 PM
I have a VS3 and ever since i took it apart to clean it it's been leaking air through the barrel. When i cock the delrin back the leak stops but I can't fire anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Jegger24
04-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Take it apart, check o-rings and cup seal, re-lube maybe?

unkledave
04-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, check the cup seal. Right out of the box, both of my VS2's had this problem. I replaced the cup seals in both and the problem was fixed.

Crazypinoy9
04-28-2007, 07:53 PM
i just replaced everything including the reg and the asa and it still leaks...but what i'm finding now is that it's actually leaking from the asa. the opposite end of the on/off knob is where the exact place of the leak is coming from.

The funny thing is that i just went out and bought a brand new VS2 and switched out everything between both guns and the VS2 is fine and the VS3 is still leaking in the same spot. I really have no idea at this point.

Hob Hayward
04-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Make sure you turn the on/off all the way, I've heard of leaks caused by not turning it all the way.

Crazypinoy9
04-28-2007, 09:15 PM
OMG!!! I finally found the problem. I feel really stupid now. So here's the scoop:

There was air going through the barrel so i decided to tear the gun apart follow the path of where the air moves through. When searching around i remembered that there is a hole at the bottom of the delrin. Now what i never told anyone here was that i had just upgraded the delrin spring to a trinity high velocity one which is a lot longer than the stock one. So i tried putting the stock spring back in...problem solved. So I cut the high velocity spring to a size just barely longer than the stock one and everything is perfect. I've got to say that I'm kinda glad that this happened because now i know so much more about the internals of this gun.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!!

Crazypinoy9
04-28-2007, 09:30 PM
LOL!!!! well the leak is gone but now the gun just clicks when i pull the trigger...I'm gonna start pulling my hair out soon!!!

DRAGON
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Charge the battery - :rolleyes:

Crazypinoy9
04-29-2007, 01:39 PM
well the problem was the high velocity spring. Which i never thought would be a problem. I put the "medium" spring in and everything works ok.

DRAGON
04-29-2007, 02:14 PM
It should work with either spring. There is no heavier spring than the stock Spyder springs. The markers were made from the manufacturer to work with that particular spring. So essentially, by all rights it should work with a heavy spring though you are certainly entitled to your expert opinion - ;)

Crazypinoy9
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
It should work with either spring. There is no heavier spring than the stock Spyder springs. The markers were made from the manufacturer to work with that particular spring. So essentially, by all rights it should work with a heavy spring though you are certainly entitled to your expert opinion - ;)

I couldn't agree more with you. i didn't think that it would matter either. But here i am now with two heavy springs and two medium ones and the only springs that work are the medium ones. The gun only clicks when heavy springs are in. oh well...it's not that big of a deal. As long as the gun fires well is all i care about.