PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Question

hodni_sania
04-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I just bought a 2k5 timmy(hasnt come in yet will post pics). I have a Freak kit for my spyder so i'm gunna buy a cocker back but whuch tip is better Freak or Stiffi. Stiffi is a little expensive. But does it perform better making it worth the money?

MVS1
04-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I have had less than expected results from my stiffi barrel, but I'm comparing its performance against my Angel 1 barrel kit, which is either really incredible (performance and weight wise) or the stiffi isn't the end all beat all barrel. I'd say get the back and a new AA tip if you want, that way you can maximize the freak kit you already have. Plus the stiffi can only be cleaned using a silicon/rubber based squeege, anything other than that voids the warranty, having both, honestly, IMO the stiffi is not worth the extra money.

hodni_sania
04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Is the AA better than the freak? I have the new style freak tip but i don't know how it performs compared to an AA. It's red and the gun is all black and I want to keep it that way thats why im asking about the tips.

MVS1
04-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Depends on whether or not you prefer spiral porting (AA) or straight (freak). W/the exception that the AA tip is slightly and I stress slightly lighter than the freak tip there isn't much difference.

vikingshadow
04-29-2007, 04:55 AM
I use an AA (not the newer model) front with my Freak kit and like it well enough. I think it looks better, but that's just my opinion.

TheRedBarron
04-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I use an old style (preferred over the new) AA front as well as a stiffi mamba front depending on which setup, I prefer the AA as far as performance goes, it just seems to do better.