PDA

View Full Version : Computer won't install games

Reedoc
04-28-2007, 10:57 AM
I just got Lord of the Rings MMORPG...really excited.

Put it in the disk drive, nothing. Restarted computer, went to "my computer" and clicked on the drive. Same thing happened with Scarface.

Tried it on my dads computer, didnt work, both are same model of Dell.

Anyone know what the deal is?

durrell
04-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Not really enough details to know what the problem is..

Does the CD have any kind of dye? Like the bottom of the CD, is it the normal mirrored bottom or is it dyed black, purple, etc. Some optical drives have issues reading different dyes, mine won't read black dyed discs.

Are you sure the games you have are CD's and not DVD's? I don't know a lot about PC games, so I don't know if they've started distributing them on DVD's or CD's. If it's a DVD and you don't have a DVD drive, there's your problem..

Reedoc
04-28-2007, 11:20 AM
It is a clear mirror bottom, and ive tried it in both drives.

=(

TheRedBarron
04-28-2007, 11:21 AM
A good deal of PC games are on DVD now.

Hob Hayward
04-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah, almost all games are. Look at the box, it'll probably say PC DVD. Confirm you've got a DVD drive. If you don't, you can get a brand new DVD burner for $30 now.

Reedoc
04-28-2007, 11:40 AM
My computer has the nerve to say "No disc in DVD drive." There clearly is...sigh.

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2007, 12:06 PM
my HP drive won't get recognized as a CD-burner, you probibly need to find out what it is and reinstall appropriate software on the computers, sometimes OS updates mess up how your drive is recognized. or restart the computer (and right away, put in the game) sometimes tasks get shut down that control elements of the drive.