PDA

View Full Version : The PMR or the PM6?

Mr.Untouchable
04-28-2007, 03:44 AM
I have a friend who is willing to sell me his PM6 for $450. But, I was looking into buying a PMR also, and from what I have heard and seen, there isn't much needed for a PMR besides the back cap. But what would you sugest?

A Stock *used* Clear Dust PM6, or a new PMR?

Theheroguy
04-28-2007, 06:31 AM
pm6 for the lrp even though ppl say you don't need it its better to just be safe

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2007, 06:34 AM
pm6 for the lrp even though ppl say you don't need it its better to just be safe
you don't... the PMR operates under 150psi

i say pm6 if it works well. thats not a bad deal.

Jegger24
04-28-2007, 07:17 AM
PM6 is a sweet marker, you will be extremely satisfied with it!

bigred76
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
I have to side with Claus. PMR's may have a lot of pull with them, but something about a PLASTIC marker turns me off... :P

PM6 is an fairly good deal, not the worst I've seen, and will treat you right. That's my vote.

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I have to side with Claus. PMR's may have a lot of pull with them, but something about a PLASTIC marker turns me off... :P

PM6 is an fairly good deal, not the worst I've seen, and will treat you right. That's my vote.
the plastic is actually pretty much ownage... i was thinking about trying to swap someone for a red feed neck collet from the pmr instead of buying a metal red one from a pm6/dm4+ gun. frame doesn't match, but I'll have a UL in no time. the rear thing bothers me because it doesn't hold well, but again... its going. for 450 i would do pm6, but at 500 i would say no.

vikingshadow
04-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I agree. Like HDH said, I'd go for the PM6 at that price, but just barely. It is used, after all. You get other people's problems that way...even if there are no issues with it, you still are going to want to upgrade it somewhat - it's the nature of the beast!

I do have to say - the PMR is NOT a plastic gun. It's metal with a few plastic parts and those plastic parts are extremely durable. Geesh, this is as bad as those people at PBN arguing about something that isn't important WHATSOEVER. The important parts of the PMR are metal - body, bolt, feedneck, screws, macroline fittings and asa. IF you don't like the plastic frame (and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it IMO) then it's easy to switch to an NDZ frame or an UL.

I'd say that no matter which you get, they both will treat you well.

I'm totally pleased with mine, even getting to like the honking noise it's been making for awhile. We call it the Goose! No shoot down, no problems, just honking. It's sort of like I'm saying, "I don't want to hide from you. Come out and let's talk!"

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2007, 03:52 PM
IF you don't like the plastic frame (and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it IMO) then it's easy to switch to an NDZ frame or an UL.

i wouldn't call it easy, the buttons and eye ribbons don't cooperate very well even with tiny fingers, but it isn't something that you need to be brilliant to do either, its just how you hold the frame durring assembly matters, but i'm sure the pm6 buttons and eye ribbon give just as much trouble.