PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate fighter season 5

QAZ123
04-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Anybody else watching it. So far it's been pretty good but I guess the ratings have said otherwise.

My picks for finals are Nathan Diaz and Joe Lauzon. If Nathan is anything like his brother Nick (who just picked apart Gomi to a decision in Pride) I'd say he's a shoe in for finals especially after his last fight. Joe Lauzon I've met before while cornering for my buddy at an event in Lexington, KY a few years back which is the only reason why I'm rooting for him but he does have a good record.

Who else is watching it?

JB.

yod3r
04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
iv been watching some of it...i love pride fighting and UFC but i havnt watched this season enough to know whats going on

spyderpilotacs05
04-27-2007, 11:43 AM
:D i love it i hope nate diez wins!

big_daddy_d
04-27-2007, 11:35 PM
I see nate diaz going the distance, but what about the tall african american dude? Jeremy Horn is hella interested in training him. I think BJ Penn screwed up picking his team how he did, if he was smart he should have went to Dana White and pleaded to actually evaluate the fighters fresh and not after Jeans Pulver ran them through the ringer.

QAZ123
04-28-2007, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=big_daddy_d]but what about the tall african american dude? QUOTE]

eh.. he's 4-0 but he's not on sherdog so I dunno what his wins were like. It look's like him and Gabe fighting next week as long as Gabe makes weight. I really don't like Gabe but it wouldn't surprise me to see Gabe win. I just looked up his stats on sherdog and he was the WEC lightweight champ till leaving it to go to the UFC. That's pretty impressive. Still don't like the guy.

Joe Lauzon is still one of my top picks. He's a great fighter and his last fight he got a win over........ Jens Pulver.. WHAT!!

JB.

big_daddy_d
04-28-2007, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=big_daddy_d]but what about the tall african american dude? QUOTE]

Joe Lauzon is still one of my top picks. He's a great fighter and his last fight he got a win over........ Jens Pulver.. WHAT!!

JB.
Have they brought that up on the show? I'm sure they have and I haven't seen it. Just been DVR'ing it this season. And I'm about to miss another 3 weeks with being in Thailand. it was funny at the last Icon fight downtown they brought out BJ Penn and Jens Pulver and neither one had a word to say to each other.

QAZ123
04-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't think they have brought it up that I know of I just knew it cause of the ppv or free fights that I watched.

They were going to bring Joe in just for Jens to beat to make him look good right before the taping of the show. Joe had a good record but not substantial experience against vets but he did the upset lol. He's a good fighter and pretty nice guy in person.

Icon... You in Hawaii? Damn.. You are.. *Napolean Dynamite voice* Lucky!!... Icon has good fights. Robbie Lawler FTMFW!!!!

JB.

big_daddy_d
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Yup "stuck" in paradise. Was tempted to go to the K1 GP tonight but have opted out.

QAZ123
05-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Gabe is a b!*@$. That was ridiculous! Hopefully we won't ever see him again.

JB.

tater_salad
06-23-2007, 07:47 PM
BJ made Jens tap!!!
Nate made Manny tap!!!

Did anyone see the fight that ended in a draw because of the double KO Gray knocked whats his name out then slammed him and his head hit the ground and he knocked himself out too! I couldn't believe that crap Gray should have one!

Sorry about bringing an old thread up but didn't think this was worth starting a new one.

QAZ123
06-24-2007, 05:50 AM
They showed all the highlights at the end with Gray hitting his head. It was odd and a tough call on the ref but who knows....

Nate is the man but kinda sucked on how he won.

I expected BJ to win and it was classy how they both handled it. Penn is so flexible I like watching him when he's on bottom.

Good show. Huerta and Evans stole it though!

JB.

Team Ramrod
06-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't get spike, but went over to a buddies and watched the marathon before the big fights. Good 'bouts. I think Manny would have won it if his shoulder didn't go. I also thought BJ was going to win, he seemed to be a better fighter and from the get-go he was dominating the octagon.

Also on the No contest call, that was a tough one. 'Cause who really saw if the guy that landed on his head was really out, or just kinda pinning him like he said. He was clearly done after the other one tapped out, but it was a tough call to see if he was out before the tap-out or not.

big_daddy_d
06-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Some decent fights on this card, seems like the free cards end up being better than the PPV's. Nate and Manny should fight again further down the road after he heals. Manny was dominating the first round in my opinion. Penn and Pulver fight I expected to go that way especially if it went to the fround. Pulver's takedown defense just wasn't there last night and BJ capitalized on it...