PDA

View Full Version : eye problems

mikeymonkeynuts
04-26-2007, 04:47 AM
argh... the eyes in my electra dont work....the marker wont fire with the eyes on no matter what....works fine with em off.....some help as to where i could find eyes without havin to buy a virtue board would be appreciated. or a way to fix the eyes i have would be even better

shunut
04-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Take them off and make sure they are clean. Also make sure they are securely plugged into the board. Finally check the wires for damage. If all this check out give Kingman a call.

mikeymonkeynuts
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
ive done all that, and the closest thing ive found to anything wrong is a tiny bit of pinching. im an electrician so i know that minor pinching such as present will not affect performance

shunut
04-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I would call Kingman then, I would bet they will replace them for free.

I don't have an Electra, nor have I ever had the opportunity to take one apart. What kind of eyes do they use. Are they like LEDs? I had some LED style eyes from Scenario Dreams and right at eye where I bent it to 90*, to fit under the eye cover, the wire broke, is that a possibility?

mikeymonkeynuts
04-26-2007, 05:16 PM
yeah its got eyes that look like led's cept one of ems black but they are the factory eyes so i didnt bend em. as far as your eyes go i think maybe you may have bent the leads too close to the eyes, this is a weak spot inherent in the way they're made. on the kingman thing i may be out of luck because i bought the marker at a pawn shop

shunut
04-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah, thats what happened with mine, luckily Damon at Scenario Dreams is awesome and replaced them.

I'd try calling them anyway, you never know what they'll say until you ask them.