PDA

View Full Version : which gun is better

clharrell900
04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
so me and my friend were wondering which gun yall think is best
either:
mine-spyder pilot ACS with halo b w/rip, 48 ci 3000 psi n2 tank, trinity clamping feedneck, j&j 14" ceramic barrel, evil detonator reg, polished internals

his: tippman A-5 with expansion chamber, collapsible stock, cyclone feed hopper, and flatline barrel

vwjimmy
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
My vote is for the Spyder.....
Electronic frame, low pressure mods, regulator, way lighter, way faster feeding w/ the HALO over the Cyclone....

PBer
04-26-2007, 12:01 PM
The Pilot definetly wins it.

shunut
04-26-2007, 04:49 PM
This is a Spyder forum so I think you'll find a bit of a bias here...

Pilot all the way.

ttam13xlpb
04-26-2007, 05:37 PM
pilot

clharrell900
04-26-2007, 07:19 PM
haha your right shunut

weitjosh
04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
im not just gonna say the pilot bc i gotta represent, but, its better on so many more levels. now if your playing woodsball, im afraid the a-5 takes the cookie. considering both players are the same skill. the greatest upgrade for any gun is practice on the field.

MVS1
04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
$$$ to donuts, the spyder (retail on a Pilot ACs vs. an A5). Unless you have the response trigger or e-trigger on the A5 it really isn't even a comparison b/t the 2. Tippy's are rugged as hell (Love my 98 Custom) but A5's w/cyclon feeds are airhogs like no other markers out there. We are talking 2 different areana's here, MilSim vs. "whatever" marker.

Sandman_Bravo
04-27-2007, 03:49 AM
I own a pilot and just ordered an A5 - G36 from SpecOps. (I also own a Shocker) These "which is better" discussions are kind of a loaded question. That is, the more you understand about each individual marker out there and guns in general, the more you'll realize you need to be more specific in your comparisons. For example, your pilot will rip more balls per second on an airball field; but the A5 can be fairly accurate (with a good barrel) and there are TONS of mil-sim parts available for it. Like MVS said, you're comparing apples to oranges. In the final analysis, it's all just for bragging rights anyway, right? The person makes the marker; not vice-versa. I've been taken out by experienced expert players with entry level markers, and I've taken out noobs who had top end guns. Good luck and just have fun!

Oscum Guy
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
not the tipmann. spyders rox!

throwinpaint
04-27-2007, 04:54 PM
my spyder is awsome but i also just ordered a A-5 for my woodsball play but on the speed ball field my spyder acs kicks the A-5 in the trigger!!!:nutkick:

nbishop66
04-28-2007, 03:07 PM
My ION will kick both of these guns BUTTs.

Just kidding, but I would take my ion over both.

I would have to go with the Pilot as well. Having Owned one and no longer own it, I'm relatively un-biased. I find it a very grey area between people who say this is a great woodsball gun, this is a great speedball (airball) gun. I can't seem to differentiate between the two. I think and know the Pilot would be be great for both, as I believe my ion is great for both.

If I was going to run into a tree with my marker, I think and A-5 would outlast an Angel, but I'd rather be shooting an Angle in the woods instead of an A-5.

MVS1
04-28-2007, 03:30 PM
If I was going to run into a tree with my marker, I think and A-5 would outlast an Angel, but I'd rather be shooting an Angle in the woods instead of an A-5.

I try and avoid running into trees period :D.
BTW that's quite a leep in comparison from an A-5 to an Angel, but why not shoot for the gold ring, right, jus t razz'n ya man I know what you mean :D.
I think the key here is too look at which marker "fundamental" is better right out of the box. I know that I was impressed with my pilot initially but after dealing with chopping (breaking in the ACS bolt), cocking pin (disapearing without even a good-bye) and backplate issues (must have figured if the pin can do it so can I; on early models) my opinion quickly changed until I started mod'n. The A5 (which I do not own but have mod'd a friends w/ response trigger, Lp conversion, and a few other tweeks) was an impressive, durable and reliable marker right out of the box, although it sucked up air like a turbo on a semi-truck feeding the cyclone feed.
The most important difference is how much you have to spend to get a spyder (or clone), a tippy (98 or A5) and an Ion to perform at a level that makes them comparable. Anybody that has been around for awhile knows the +'s and -'s of each of these markers and what it takes to really make them rock consistantly. I know from my experience that getting a Spyder to run at a level w/ much more expensive markers is cheaper than doing the same with an Ion or A5 (take into mind purchase price of marker new and upgrades).
You know ultimately it doesn't matter whose marker is "better", what matters is b/t the 2 of you who has the most kills or who killed who last.

Sandman_Bravo
04-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Who says you can't woodsball/mil-sim a pilot?
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=133&page=2
I did!

nbishop66
04-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Back in the old days I did run into a tree at full sprint while shooting and looking to my left. My old Brass Eagle King Cobra pump was sandwiched between the tree and me. After I got up, that sturdy beast still worked just fine, not a mark on it. I think I would destroy my ION if I did that today.