PDA

View Full Version : Can a VS2 work on lpa?

rommelr
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I was wondering since the vs2 operates @ 220psi, will a 450psi cf tank work well with it... or does it still require to have a hpa instead?
pls lmk thx...

ps: cause if it does than an ion can do so too...

vwjimmy
04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
In a word.....yes.
Your VS2 as well the Ion are engineered to operate on HPA, but a LPA tank will operate them. The concern with LPA tanks is the recharge rate....at only 450 psi, it is possible that both markers might suffer from 'shootdown' that could be prevented by the extra pressure available from an HP tank.

rommelr
04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
so, what are the perks of the lpa tanks then?
if it's going to give me the shootdown possibility...

rommelr
04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
btw what do u prefer in terms of the size of the tank?
45 or 68...
but keep this in mind, i play only once a month... i play in both speed/woods games, basically rec-play; never speedball tourney nor scenario big games (e.i skirmish games)

clickclicksplat
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
LPA tanks are really only necessary for some of the older angels if I remember right. And I like to use a 68/4500 tank, just because it gives me close to the same amount of shots as a 20-oz co2.

OOB
04-26-2007, 05:44 AM
so, what are the perks of the lpa tanks then?
if it's going to give me the shootdown possibility...

Nothing that I know of.

Like the post above stated, only a handful of markers required LPA and of those most of them are Angles. However about 99% of guns today will run on HPA just fine.

If you are thinking about buying a tank, then get a HPA tank. If you already have a LPA tank, yes it will work in a VS2 or ION because both reduce the pressure down to below 450psi.

As far as tank size, that is up to you. I use a 68/4500 tank because it just works with how I play and it fits me well.

PBBLITZ
04-26-2007, 07:26 AM
In a word.....yes.
Your VS2 as well the Ion are engineered to operate on HPA, but a LPA tank will operate them. The concern with LPA tanks is the recharge rate....at only 450 psi, it is possible that both markers might suffer from 'shootdown' that could be prevented by the extra pressure available from an HP tank.
Wel i use a 92/4500 LPA crossfire :D and im glad to say that there are NO problems with it! The recharge rate is, IMO, not affected in any way by the lower output pressure so im sure u'll be fine. As far as i can see, there are no advantages so its really up to you. I must say tho that i had ur exact doubts about a LPA but it turned out great so no regrets! Oh, and the reason i got an LPA tank insted of a HPA is bcoz it was on clearance as no-one needs them nowadays. An amazing....converting to US dollars......$145! That was probably the only advantage :D If u DID change gun though and it needs a HPA then u can simply buy a new regulator without the need to buy a whole new tank. Hope this helps!

OOB
04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
After thinking about it, the recharge rate should really be affected that much if at all. The pin on the valve can only let so much air through no matter what the pressure behind it is. There is a balance where if the pressure is too low it would be possible to push more air through but...

/shrug just a random thought.