PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Problem

shunut
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
A little over a month ago I sold a cell phone on eBay, which I had bought used on eBay as well. Today I get an email from the member who bought it from me:

I am very upset about this Sprint Phone I purchased from you. The volume has always been low...I AM SURE YOU KNEW THAT!!! I just dealt with it....NOW I CAN'T SINCE THE VOLUME IS ALMOST TOO LOW TO HEAR AT TIMES. I SENT IT IN FOR REPAIR...THEY SAID THIS PHONE HAS CORROSION....MEANING, WATER DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need resolution here and fast!!

To my knowledge the phone was not damaged, besides a couple cosmetic dings, when it left my possession. When I got the phone, I thought the volume was low too but after doing a little research I found that this was a common problem with the phone. I can guarantee I never got my phone wet or even close to getting wet. You guys all know me and know I'm an honest guy and would never try to scam anybody. I offer a 3 money back guarantee on all my eBay transactions. So my question to you guys is do I owe this person anything?

Personally I think they had ample time to contact me and now the are SOL.

Your thoughts?

Hoppy11
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Tell him you live in the desert and dont know what water is. Also tell him you sold the phone as is.

durrell
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
If he's already left positive feedback I say tell him sorry but there's nothing you can do because he basically has no leverage.

shunut
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
She hasn't left me any feedback yet. I have 60 positive feedback. If she leaves me negative I'll just respond and make her look like an idiot.

Critical
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I work for Sprint (thankfully not in any of the departments that piss off the customers, I'm one of the good guys) From my experience, if the person who bought your phone is saying that they were told it has corrosion damage, one of two things happened. Either she inadvertantly got moisture in it (sometimes something as little as putting the phone in a cupholder in the car that had residual moisture in it can cause the phone to die), or, barring you actually defrauding her, which I doubt, since your asking, she is trying to back out of the deal or damaged the phone in some way. If I might ask, what make & model of phone was it?

Maxx-Damage
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
1. She didnt say weather or not she got it wet
2. Its been over a month, its out dated......
3. She is probably just a scammer....
4. Who buys a phone on eBay anyways?(besides u)
5. I say no, dont give her the $$$ back and make her look like a fool.

and o ya, verizons better:p

BrianT
04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
yeah, theres been plenty of time. sounds like something fishy is going on there.

shunut
04-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I work for Sprint (thankfully not in any of the departments that piss off the customers, I'm one of the good guys) From my experience, if the person who bought your phone is saying that they were told it has corrosion damage, one of two things happened. Either she inadvertantly got moisture in it (sometimes something as little as putting the phone in a cupholder in the car that had residual moisture in it can cause the phone to die), or, barring you actually defrauding her, which I doubt, since your asking, she is trying to back out of the deal or damaged the phone in some way. If I might ask, what make & model of phone was it?

The phone is a PPC-6700, I meant to list that.

She just emailed me back and said that Sprint hasn't even given her a price on how much it will cost to repair. So this leads me to believe that she has just recently sent it into Sprint, so she has had it for over a month before she has done anything about this. I checked when she bought it and its been 47 days. I really think that something must have happened to it while in her possession.

I can assure you I am not trying in anyway to defraud her. The phone is in the exact working order it was when I bought it. I also live in the desert, we have no humidity so it can't be from that. I can also assure you that while the phone was in my possession besides falling off of my belt clip once, which ding the phone up a bit, it has never seen any moisture.

vikingshadow
04-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I say that you don't give in.

Insert any of the reasons mentioned already, but mainly that you sold it used, and she waited too long to complain.

Hob Hayward
04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Aye, been too long, and if it left you in perfect order, her fault.

shunut
04-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys. I did not respond to her last email to me:

I will let you know about the repair charges when they come in. The phone has a broken microphone from water/moisture damage according to the Sprint shop in New Jersey.

When and if she contacts me again I will explain to her that I can not justify paying for the repairs because the phone was in working order when I sold it. How do I know something didn't happen while it was in her possession? because I know nothing happened while it was in mine. She knew is was used and I would not purposely sell her a item I knew to be broken.

TheRedBarron
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Not to mention, if it has a broken microphone that will not make it so it is hard to hear....

vwjimmy
04-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I agree that no refund should be given and no repair help as well...
This kind of e bayer really pisses me off. I sold a guy a JT marker once and he wasent happy with it. I offered him help, but he was unhappy that it was semi-auto only (Excellerator 3.0) and since I not only said that in the auction but highlighted and colored it, I didn't feel like I did anything wrong.
He had not posted feedback, and this was several weeks after the sale.
He left me 'neutral' feedback. Sometimes, you have to stick by your guns and eat the feedback if if comes to that.

Hoppy11
04-25-2007, 06:33 PM
You can always leave comments on your feedback too if she does end up giving you bad feedback.

phatphil
04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
You owe her nothing. Her eBay bid was/is a contract, and she agreed to your stated return policy in the listing when she placed a bid. If it was five days or a week, I may be lenient and take it back, but a month is too long. Sounds an awful lot like she damaged it and doesn't want to pay for it.

kidonfire
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
If she leaves me negative I'll just respond and make her look like an idiot.

lol, my dad sold this guy this pinball computer game that he had like, 50 of. He sold it for $2.00. The guy left negative feedback saying the disc was scratched and wouldn't work. This is how he replied "Buyer didn't say there was a problem. 3 replacement CDs sent to buyer no charge". lol, owned.

shunut
04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Definitely very good points, thanks again. I will use them all in my reply to her.

STRIKEFIRST
04-26-2007, 06:48 AM
If she noticed a problem why did it take her 47 days to respond?

Sounds like she broke and is trying to bend you over.

Since when does a broken Mic cause low volume?

Eh...let her know that you'll go after HER for fraud.

Mech Warrior
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Sometimes, you have to stick by your guns and eat the feedback if if comes to that.Word.