PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show

BrianT
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone saw Jon Stewart PWN John McCain on the war?

durrell
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I've never seen Jon Stewart "pwn" anyone..I'll have to check it out.

BrianT
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
It was pretty amazing. He shut McCain up. He nothing to back with.

marvin-martian
04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
im with D. i have to see it, but it will end in me yelling at his stupidity because i disagree with his views.

BrianT
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
It was pretty funny. i don't want to turn this into a polictical debate though. I just thought that it was funny b/c no one thought that he could do it.

durrell
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I saw the video. He didn't "pwn" McCain. McCain actually agreed with him on a lot of it, but he couldn't say much because he knows a little something about respect and loyalty. I'm fairly sure already that McCain is going to have my vote in 2008.

I do like John Stewart though, because he pokes fun at all politics, not just one side. The one man I absolutely and completely despise is Bill Maher. He's the one person in the entire world that if given a chance I would punch in the face and then give him a swift kick to the nuts.

vikingshadow
04-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Personally, I despise comedians turned "political analysts" like Bill Maher. I used to think he was hilarious, but he's got ONE thing on his mind and he has the backing of a large media corporation and gets paid for it, then SPEWS his views out and never gives anyone a chance to back themselves up, so he's no better than Michael Moore to me.

However, I do sort of like John Stewart for the reasons D said. He gets BOTH sides equally and makes them all look ridiculous - but I still don't watch them. I really wish someone would just do an unbiased, unopinionated show on politics. Give people a fair chance to make up their own minds on issues instead of hearing what biased people want them to hear.

spyderpaintball
04-25-2007, 05:38 AM
However, I do sort of like John Stewart for the reasons D said. He gets BOTH sides equally and makes them all look ridiculous - but I still don't watch them. I really wish someone would just do an unbiased, unopinionated show on politics. Give people a fair chance to make up their own minds on issues instead of hearing what biased people want them to hear.
Maybe because I am a moderate on the political specturm I love watching Stewarts and Colberts shows. However, I would love to see an unbiased political show but lets face it. The news isnt unbiased anymore they are a corperation serving higher powers and unbiased doesnt get viewers.

Critical
04-25-2007, 05:38 AM
That would be nice. Only problem is that no one would watch it because people are too busy making up their minds first and only paying attention to those in the media who's views align with their own. As bad as politics are now, look up some of the things our founding fathers and those who followed after them called each other. Wow!

durrell
04-25-2007, 08:38 AM
That would be nice. Only problem is that no one would watch it because people are too busy making up their minds first and only paying attention to those in the media who's views align with their own. As bad as politics are now, look up some of the things our founding fathers and those who followed after them called each other. Wow!

You're right about that, they took "mudslinging" to a whole new level. But that was back before a little thing I like to call "political correctness"..you know..the thing that runs our country..:o

VS3 Sniper
04-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I saw it I was lmao.lol

marvin-martian
04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
he did not shut McCain up. the only time i can you where you think it happened was when the crowd roared, cutting him off, just to have Stewart cut him off when they quieted down to go to a commercial to make it impossible for an explanation.

TheRedBarron
04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
careful here fellas, politics tear us apart...

Team Ramrod
04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
careful here fellas, politics tear us apart...

Yeah, Hoppy isn't even in this thread and he's gonna end up banned from this....:p

calebh
04-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I really wish someone would just do an unbiased, unopinionated show on politics. Give people a fair chance to make up their own minds on issues instead of hearing what biased people want them to hear.

watch the BBC. britain pretty much has institutionalized neutrality.