PDA

View Full Version : geez MR1 > 98c......

graphics360
04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
So i went home for the weekend (from college) and my little brothers friend brought over his 98c w/ act over the weekend so i got to take a close look at it for the first time. i gotta say, i was not impressed by it at all....
there were big gaps in the center seam all the way down the top and the stock barrel is rediculously short. also co2 seemed to blow out all over the body every time he shot the thing...
i was very surprised by this since all tippman owners seem to swear by the brand and so many people seem to have them...

my MR1 was:
way easier to strip
felt more balanced
was more accurate stock
looked better (my opinion)
had higher tolerances (in terms of connecting parts)
and didnt spray co2

id say the only thing a 98 has over an MR1 is the ACT, but you can get an MR1 and a new bolt for less than the price of a 98 ACT anyway

just thought id share my surprise, and how happy i am with my purchase of an MR1 :)

new_Faction64
04-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Agreed...

I don't like the design of the Tippmanns in general, their kinda odd to take apart.

The first time I shot an A-5 I noticed that C02 spray thing too...which actually really bothered me because I felt like it was hindering my vision when I fired it.

graphics360
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
yea i felt kinda bad for the kid... oh well

the thing would not chop though, even this really brittle paint we had that was for LP guns... tippmanns a.c.t. system really works