PDA

View Full Version : Phantom

tater_salad
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I am starting to save up for a Phantom and wanted to know which one I should get out of these.

DRAGON
04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
...........which one I should get out of these.

Out of which? I expected to see a choice. You mean out of the whole lot of them? I like the stock version w/an asa on the back that you can attach a bottle to. I have 2 of those(with 7oz tanks) and wouldn't have one any other way. Someone else will post their preference. You really need to try a few different configurations and choose your preference. The one's I like run about $170 - $200 new -

vikingshadow
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Someone else will post their preference. You really need to try a few different configurations and choose your preference. The one's I like run about $170 - $200 new -

I'm someone else, ha! I actually prefer a T stock, 3.5 oz bottle/12 g changer in front as a fore grip, stock class configuration. The ones I like run in the 250.00 - 450.00 range.

Someone else will post their preference! But you really do need to try a few different configurations - also, if you haven't played with a Phantom before, or a lighter gun such as a shocker, ego or newer model PM/DM, you might not like the Phantom. It's VERY light compared to other guns...

QAZ123
04-24-2007, 06:56 PM
My preference is vsc except running a 3.5 oz tank and using a t-stock.

Phantoms are extremely light. Takes a bit to get used to but oh so much fun!

JB.

vikingshadow
04-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Absolutely! Got my first in-game bunkering this weekend with mine.

Well, ok, so the kid was a noob, but hey! A bunkering is a bunkering. Especially this kid - we were playing on a spools field, and the sneaky sucker was shooting through the hole in the middle of the spool - with no way for us to shoot him from a distance and he had a pretty good line on a couple of us. He had played kind of shady a couple times that day, so I took it upon myself to run up and bunker him - before one of my more hot-headed machine gun shooting semi paint flinging monster partners decided to bunker him with multiple shots.

Even though, the son of a gun shot me in the backside twice after I had shot him and ran by! Still felt pretty good since I had one shot to his however many he had going...

I'm getting much more comfortable with it, I think. I gogged a guy in the snake with an off handed snap shot, and snapped another in the chest as he was moving up and laying some paint towards me (both in the same game!) It felt pretty dang good! These were speedball games, although I had been playing more in the woods with the Phantom than the Speedball course. I'm actually thinking of playing with it even more now that I'm getting more comfy using it.

QAZ123
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Vike you should form a team and come to the OSC St. Louis event toward the end of summer. I'll be there with my regular team. It's gonna be awesome.

JB.

vikingshadow
04-25-2007, 04:58 AM
I've really been dropping hints out at the field for people to get pumps. Like 5-6 hints last Sunday alone! The only problem is, no one wants to take the time to research Pump Play and they think the only pumps available are the cheap Brass Eagle plastic ones at Wal-Mart or the expensive ones like my Phantom. I've been trying to tell them about Traccers and Mavericks, and how there are cheaper ones out there. I don't know if I'm making a dent or not.

I think it'd be fun to play a pump tournament. I saw a video of one and they should a team getting ready for their breakout - totally surprised me because when they said "Go," everyone took off running and there were like 10 shots total! I was geared to hear the massive fire I'm accustomed to off the breaks - I actually giggled a little bit!

I'll see what I can do!

tater_salad
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Oops i forgot to post the link sorry.:o

Here is the link...

http://www.phantomonline.com/paintballguns/primary.htm

newkid
04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
2011-00 is my opinion

Hob Hayward
04-25-2007, 03:12 PM
VSC with a stock is what I run. I want a 2.5 oz. tank, but I'm cheap and poor :p.

vikingshadow
04-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Do they have 2.5 oz tanks? I've only seen 3.5 oz ones. Or was that just a typo?

I, too, prefer the VSC configuration - I honestly can't tell you why, but it feels better to me. Now, Hacker - that's a man that likes to experiment with configurations! I believe he actually INVENTED a configuration or two on his Phantom!

bamf-hacker
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
;)

or three or four or five :)

Hob Hayward
04-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Do they have 2.5 oz tanks? I've only seen 3.5 oz ones. Or was that just a typo?

I, too, prefer the VSC configuration - I honestly can't tell you why, but it feels better to me. Now, Hacker - that's a man that likes to experiment with configurations! I believe he actually INVENTED a configuration or two on his Phantom!

Typo...

I meant 3.5 oz. Though I'd be fine with a 4 oz. :D.