PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

Firekillernmp
04-24-2007, 02:33 PM
what is the acp bolt?? and what is the deffrence between it and the acs bolt?
thanks

Glasher
04-24-2007, 03:22 PM
ACP Bolt is the Alamo City Paintball Bolt. ACS Bolt is an Anti-Chop System Bolt. One is made out of a none sweling derlin with o-rings and the other is also from derlin but no o-ring that supose to reduce chops.

FAQTO
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
ACS =always chopping system ,sorry had to

Kenny_McCormic
04-24-2007, 04:38 PM
only if it isnt broken in

Ace24
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
only if it isnt broken in
:yeahthat:

You need to do a sock break in. Stick a sock in the barrel port of the gun and fire a few hundread times. Making sure the spring/bolt hits the sock.

Firekillernmp
04-24-2007, 07:26 PM
ok i got a bolt from Alamo City with two o rings so that means i have an acp bolt?? not a acs bolt right

QuiGonKen
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
ok i got a bolt from Alamo City with two o rings so that means i have an acp bolt?? not a acs bolt right

correct.... :D although im pretty sure u have the ACS bolt somewhere lying around lol it comes stock....but yest the 2 oringed bolt u have from alamo city is the acp bolt

Firekillernmp
04-24-2007, 10:03 PM
ok thanks :) and the acp bolt with two orings is the best bolt out there for the mr2 right?

Barricuda
04-25-2007, 02:09 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/Picture277.jpg

FAQTO
04-25-2007, 08:26 AM
one question why is my pilot acs spring thinner then my mr2 acs spring,?
could i swap the 2 ,
ah screw it i will just by alamo city bolt .

graphics360
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
why no o-rings on the acs bolt??

Barricuda
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
thats a good question...i was actualy thinking of milling my ACS bolt to accept 2 o rings...kingman should have thought f doing this from the start

Tcheno
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
O-rings can add drag to the acs bolt causin even more chops, that's why :D

The Booth Man
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
O-rings can add drag to the acs bolt causin even more chops, that's why :D

edit: They can and they will if you don't mill them right. If there is too much drag, the anti-chop spring will compress while the bolt is moving forward. This will cause the bolt to let air through the barrel before it reaches the ball chamber. You can potentially have recocking issues and major choppage.

Having said that, it is possible to mill an o-ring groove into the front of the bolt. Only one groove is necessary. Find something that will give you complete control of the depth of every cut into the bolt. I used a hack saw both to cut and widen the groove. Mill it to accept a standard Spyder bolt o-ring. You want to o-ring to barely stick out from the rest of the bolt. If you're not sure what I mean, take a look at some other bolts and slide your finger across the o-ring.

Is it worth the effort? It was for me. But keep in mind that it will eat detents about every 6000 rounds. It might not be as effective for you either. I used this mod in conjuction with a good force-fed hopper, and a regulator. Weigh the cost and time involved. It might be cheaper in the long run to just buy a bolt from Alamo City Paintball.

As always, good luck!

Eli

Firekillernmp
04-26-2007, 07:10 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/barricuda/Picture277.jpg
you know how new i am at paint ball i broke in the worng spring when i got my mr2 how dumb am i ...lol will that have any bad effects??????

new_Faction64
04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
no o-rings in the ACS bolt because it's a piece of trash that doesn't work....so Kingman decided not to care.

MVS1
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
no o-rings in the ACS bolt because it's a piece of trash that doesn't work....so Kingman decided not to care.
Not true.. It works just fine...Sock break in...well I have heard of many of ways of "conditioning"the ACS spring, but that one is definitely the funniest ;)...I lkie it:D. Ok long story short, ACS in theory is a great concept, only downside is the spring needs to be "broken-in". Once it is it works fairly well (you want to get rid of chops, get a marker with eyes, sorry but that's the honest truth). To the subject of o-rings on the ACS bolt...the o-rings produce too much resistance on the bolt which causes re-cocking issues (I tried milling o-ring grooves in my ACS bolt and to get the bolt to re-cock consistantly you have to cut the grooves so deep that it doesn't fix the intended function of o-rings...no blow-by).
Sorry this post is more in response to the "it doesn't work" post than anything that the original thread had to deal with.
FirekillerNMP, no worries, it should not have any ill effects.

SkinWalk3r
08-24-2007, 08:57 AM
ok. so rings on the ACS bolt cause potential chops, then how come rings on the ACP dont ?. are there any cons to the ACP ?