PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new mask.

pb34
04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Today I'm looking to buy a new mask. I'm not looking to spend much as the only reason I'm changing masks is because in my old JT one the padding is very uncomfortable. I am looking at a couple of options. I'm quite interested in the V-force vantage because it seems like a good mask for a very good price. I also like the JT Flex 8 but I'm afraid the padding might be the same as I have now and the price is also quite a bit higher. Feel free to leave comments or any other goggles you reccomend.

CHAOSFTW
04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
i love my vanteages never have failed me.

Ace24
04-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I say go with a Profiler. The foam is EXTREMELY comfortable. I find it the most comfortable mask I've ever put on. The lens is so easy to swap out and change and clean. It doesn't fog up either. It also has a HUGE range of view.

You can get one used off of PBN or here for $30-45 shipped. It's well worth that. Believe me. I love my two profilers.

Second in line to that would be the JT Proflex 7's (Spectra). They are a little less comfortable then the Profiler (IMO) but share the same amazing viewing radius. On a positive note, their masks are the customizability, bounce rubber grill, and ventilation. Downsides include a very painful (Not kidding, I've cut my fingers doing it) removal of the lens when you try to swap it out.

After that I would say a Flex 8... but only because I like the style of the 7's better. They are the same thing as the 7's aside from the grill. The grill on the 8 is harder rubber.

pb34
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I say go with a Profiler. The foam is EXTREMELY comfortable. I find it the most comfortable mask I've ever put on. The lens is so easy to swap out and change and clean. It doesn't fog up either. It also has a HUGE range of view.

You can get one used off of PBN or here for $30-45 shipped. It's well worth that. Believe me. I love my two profilers.

Yeah I was just thinking about buying used. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I'll go browse PBN.

marvin-martian
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
a masks comfortableness changes on a head to head basis. what feels good to someone wont feel good on someone else. go to a local shop and see what YOU like best. dont go off of other peoples opinions while getting something that protects YOUR face.

pb34
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
a masks comfortableness changes on a head to head basis. what feels good to someone wont feel good on someone else. go to a local shop and see what YOU like best. dont go off of other peoples opinions while getting something that protects YOUR face.

It wasn't the fact that the actual mask was uncomfortable it was that the foam was not soft. But I see what you mean and I'll try to try some one soon but I would still like other's opinions in the meantime.

Ace24
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Good point.

Muddytaco
04-24-2007, 02:22 PM
try before you buy.

I had flex 7 ize then planned on buying profilers but after trying them on at shop i ended up with flex 8. I was going to buy events a few months ago but after trying them out I didn't like them either.

timmyshoota
04-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Dye i3 Pros. I'm copping me one as soon as I sell my Ion, and it'll replace my Flex.

HelpDeskHustler
04-25-2007, 02:22 AM
<3 flex 7.

the padding is much better than older JT masks.

TheRedBarron
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Dye i3 Pros. I'm copping me one as soon as I sell my Ion, and it'll replace my Flex.
Troof, they are amazing.

Maxx-Damage
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
i3 Pros are more than amazing, their un-believable.(my bro has a pair that havent even been used yet since x-mas, lil bro aint happy.:poker:Im the yellow one, big bro is blue..)

Ace24
04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Eh I dont like I3 Pros... They look funny. The viewing radius is awkward for me too since I'm used to Profilers and Proflex's. Feels like a Grill to me and I hate the way Grill's look/feel on me.

But I guess they are a nice mask. So, so far the masks you should try are the:

Profiler
Proflex 7
Proflex 8
Dye I3 Pro's

(That what I've seen listed?)

paintballer21
04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Other-

I have an Extreme Rage 20/20, it has a fan and a thermal lens and it works very well for me because I have glasses. But I don't recomended you buy the camo ones because the paint chips off over time.