PDA

View Full Version : possible rollback solution?

Nenkitsune
04-24-2007, 08:52 AM
i found that my guns (my spyder and my em-1) would chop paint with my qloader because of rollback. i was thinking of a solution to fix my em-1 and i think it might work. it already has one autococker detent after the feedneck (to keep paint from rolling forwards) well, what if there was one before the feedneck, to keep the paint from going back. would that work or is it a waste of time?

08Lud08
04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
For the e-m1, I don't know but maybe you can make an adjustment screw for the bottom kinda like an adjustable ram cap for a timmy. that way you can push the ram and bolt forward to the correct spot.

Nenkitsune
04-24-2007, 02:54 PM
i think i could do that. the problem is that there's a screw that goes through the ram assembly to hold it together, so i can't do it that way, which is a bummer. i actually thought about that at first, but realized it's impossible because of the way the ram connects to the body. i would have to drill more holes into it than it would be worth (since i'm going to end up converting it to a bushmaster (meaning the back of the gun would be threaded for the bushmaster ram

Hob Hayward
04-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Fewer pre-winds..?

Nenkitsune
04-24-2007, 03:22 PM
it's not that there are too many prewinds, it's that the balls can roll back to far, exposing the next round to the bolt. less winds causes more chops since it can't feed fast enough, more winds just means that if i can solve the rollback problem it'll work. anyways i figured it out. there's something called a bumper mod for icd guns where you add an oring behind the hammer section of the ram, which moves the ram and bolt forwards a bit. i'm going to give it a try. i think it'll work good.