PDA

View Full Version : the hell was that?!?!?!?!?!?

johnnyblast
01-26-2006, 09:49 AM
hey guys, weirdest thing happen to me few days ago... i was playing with my cousin's imagine04 and after few shots and walks... the gun was shotting like a machinegun :confused: at first i thought "contact point" got stuck but when i looked at the gun, the bolt was moving in slow motion and yet it sounded like it was firing. there was no paintball in the gun by the way... thank god.... i just turned it off and turn it back on and it was doing the same thing. i just told my cousin to put more lub on his bolt but what cause that problem??? let me know, thanks. here is his setup list.
=====
imagine04
ACS Aluminum Bolt
co2 tank (which it wasn't empty)
* he removed his expansion chamber and connected his co2 tank

DFSniper
01-26-2006, 11:05 AM
messed up cup seal or low tank.

big_daddy_d
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
removed his expansion chamber?!?!?!?! and running CO2? Maybe I'm just being retarded and not seeing the whole picture. Nevermind.

phatphil
01-26-2006, 11:23 AM
So it's jackhammering? Sounds like his tank is just low, get a fresh fill and try it.

shunut
01-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Running the co2 tank without the expansion chamber is really not that great of an idea. It will work but it will work much better with the expansion chamber on it. CO2 in the tank is in liquid form and needs time to expand, hence the use of an expansion chamber. Other than that you might also want to take the gun apart and clean everything, check all the o-rings and relube everything.

DFSniper
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
i did that after i stripped my x-cham, worked fine for me...

oh yeah, i forgot the part about the o-rings earlier

shunut
01-27-2006, 04:30 AM
I wasn't saying it wouldn't work, I was just saying that its not the best way to run co2. CO2 works much better if it has more time to expand.

johnnyblast
01-27-2006, 01:45 PM
the tank was just low, i told him not to use his co2 without his expansion chamber. i also told him to check the o rings and other parts. he took out his expansion chamber to install regulator but it was a wrong model. when he returned his regulator he forgot where he put his expansion chamber and his nitro tank is at PMI for refill i guess... thanks for the help guys

Ares
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
kingman x chambers are just gas thru grips, so that wouldnt make a difference

shunut
01-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Not to argue the point but even a gas through grip allows more time for the co2 to expand, so how would that not make a difference?

johnnyblast
01-28-2006, 09:48 AM
should i tell him to try it with full co2 tank?? to see if it does the same thing?? i kinda understand what shunut is saying, co2 is liquid so it needs time to expand otherwise gun parts might need cleaning after use.

bigred76
01-28-2006, 09:55 AM
They will need cleaning after use no matter what. It will wear down the o-rings and make them have a shorter life because of CO2's corrosive properties.

And yes, have him fill the tank and try again. ;)

ooglieboogliebob
01-28-2006, 06:31 PM
yep, lubing them would help .. as well as polishing your internals after every use ... that would make it so your performance of your gun is good as well as the life of it :)

durrell
01-29-2006, 08:34 PM
yep, lubing them would help .. as well as polishing your internals after every use ... that would make it so your performance of your gun is good as well as the life of it :)

You dont want to polish after every use. That's a one time modification, if you continously polished with the compound, eventually you'd wear the metal down too much and start having problems with the shape of the bolt and striker and fitting in the tubes snug..

ooglieboogliebob
01-30-2006, 08:39 AM
haha ... i sorta just grouped them together ... i usually polish mine every week and a half or so .. depending on how often i play ... which usually is 2 or 3 times a week