PDA

View Full Version : Pulse review

stylinbeaver
04-23-2007, 01:34 PM
After hearing all these good things about the pulse, I decided to pick on up and try it out. I found the exact color I wanted (smoke) for a pretty reasonable price. I payed $112 for it on the nation. I know there is some bad things happening right now with Draxxus and all, but I still had to get one. It's one of the green boarded ones so I geuss you can call it First generation. It is actually lighter than my halo. The pulse also comes stock with some stuf that you have to upgrade on the Halo. It has a magnetic lid, and a small button on the bottom that helps in jam the hopper if it happens to jam. It also comes with a lower profile feedneck so you don't have to cut it. I also really like how the feed housing comes out like it does. So easy to clean. Here are some pics.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00028-2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00029-3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00031-3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00032-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00033-1.jpg
Ignore the crotch shot.:rolleyes: Best way I could get the pics.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00034-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00035.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00036.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/DSC00037.jpg

In this last pic you can see the small blue button on the bottom. That is the button that makes the drivecone spin backwards to unjam. Very very awesome. It looks like you could also install a speed wheel on this hopper just like the halo. I really do like this hopper. I do think it is worth the money. If you need certain pics of the hopper, let me know and i'll take them for you. I know this isn't the best review in the world but it's the best I can do. My overall rating for this hopper would have to be a 9 out of 10. Would hvae been a ten, but the drive housing doesn't come out as easy as they make it look.

Maxx-Damage
04-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Cool, cant wait to hear what u ahve to say after a few months about though.

stylinbeaver
04-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Whatcha mean? You think it will break? I thought the same until I actually seen how tough it really is. The feedneck is really thick and the shells seem to be pretty thick also.

Maxx-Damage
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Well i mean if u like it more over the halo, and if it breaks/ fries. I hope it doesnt cause i kinda like it and want one.

stylinbeaver
04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I do like it more than the halo.

Maxx-Damage
04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Im gonna wait a month for u to say that......

HelpDeskHustler
04-25-2007, 01:25 PM
halo's are like the worst high end hoppers out. (no i don't count the fasta as highend) rank:

pulse
vlocity sf
reloader b2
vlocity jr
reloader b
halo b

stylinbeaver
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Im gonna wait a month for u to say that......
Just go away.

halo's are like the worst high end hoppers out. (no i don't count the fasta as highend) rank:

pulse
vlocity sf
reloader b2
vlocity jr
reloader b
halo b
I feel the same way. I've always had problems with my halo(s). Main problem is jamming. It seems like it would always do it when the batts got a little low

MVS1
04-25-2007, 02:09 PM
If you want to increase the speed remove the bottom drive motor housing plate and then the green circuit board, you'll see a small adjustable pod on the component side of the board, clockwise increases speed, do it in small increments and don't just max it out becasue if you use really fragile paint it might break a ball when the stack feeds and then goes under pressure. Get the Rf chip, I've got one in both my Up'd Pilot and Angel 1 and it is well worth the money. It works great in pulse mode but it is incredible in sync'd mode. Pay close attention to the feedneck, some (including myself) have had the neck snap clean off at the base. DXS customer service is definitely not what you would expect from a company selling arguably the best and most expense mass production loader out there so I fixed the broke neck myself by drilling holes into the feedneck, installing metal pins and then JB welding in place. Its pretty much bullet-proof now. Hopefully we'll start seeing after-market shells or at least replacement shells available soon.

Congrats on picking up one hell of a loader at a petty good price, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

p.s. let me know if you want to set it up to run 2 9v's and I'll send you an easy how to.

Maxx-Damage
04-25-2007, 03:16 PM
stylinbeaver- Sry if i got on ur nerves, but just in a month id like to know if u still love it.:)

HDH-So ur saying a Vlocity Jr is better than a Halo B with Rip drive and a V35 board. Im just curious, i just wanna be smart when i buy a new hopper and have to have some good backround info otherwise my dad wont let me blow the $$$$$.

stylinbeaver
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
If you want to increase the speed remove the bottom drive motor housing plate and then the green circuit board, you'll see a small adjustable pod on the component side of the board, clockwise increases speed, do it in small increments and don't just max it out becasue if you use really fragile paint it might break a ball when the stack feeds and then goes under pressure. Get the Rf chip, I've got one in both my Up'd Pilot and Angel 1 and it is well worth the money. It works great in pulse mode but it is incredible in sync'd mode. Pay close attention to the feedneck, some (including myself) have had the neck snap clean off at the base. DXS customer service is definitely not what you would expect from a company selling arguably the best and most expense mass production loader out there so I fixed the broke neck myself by drilling holes into the feedneck, installing metal pins and then JB welding in place. Its pretty much bullet-proof now. Hopefully we'll start seeing after-market shells or at least replacement shells available soon.

Congrats on picking up one hell of a loader at a petty good price, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

p.s. let me know if you want to set it up to run 2 9v's and I'll send you an easy how to.
Wow. I did not know you could change the speed. Thanks alot. I am going to have to try that. As far as the RF chip goes, I need to pick one up. I'm hoping for some new shells. Maybe it wont be long stinger paintball designs will make custom shells for the pulse. Hopefully. I know how to do the 2 9 volt mod. Did it to one of my halo's. Thanks though.:) Sorry Max damage. I was a littel snappy earlier and it got away with me.

MVS1
04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Well I got bored today and did a 3 9v battery harness. I was curious to see if it would make a difference in battery life so I put it on my marker loaded the hopper full of reballs put it in the pulse mode (which will pull the most current) and laid it down. After 15 minutes of pulsing I shot out the hopper running my angel 1 full auto Max ROF eyes on, and it empty the hopper without missing a beat, reloaded the hopper 2 more times and did it again and the bat-low indicator has still not came on. BTW these are the batteries that have seen at least 2 cases of paint through them already. A little "trimming" is needed to get the 3rd battery to slide in between the case and the ball raceway (about 2 mm on the rib that the power wire comes through).
The 3rd 9v seems to really make a difference. I'll follow up after this weekend, I want to run these batt's while playing to see just how long they'll last.

stylinbeaver
04-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow. 3 9 volts. I recived my rechargable battery pack today from LLD paintball. It's like homemade but still works good.

08Lud08
04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I like the pulse a lot but I don't think I would get it if they don't make better shells.

Heres a funny story, My friend bought a pulse and tried to see how strong it was. Vids from dxs showed them dropping them and standing on them so he tried. It didn't break but the funny thing is that later he shot it from about a little more than 6 feet and the whole front of the shell cracked and broke.

HelpDeskHustler
04-27-2007, 05:08 PM
stylinbeaver- Sry if i got on ur nerves, but just in a month id like to know if u still love it.:)

HDH-So ur saying a Vlocity Jr is better than a Halo B with Rip drive and a V35 board. Im just curious, i just wanna be smart when i buy a new hopper and have to have some good backround info otherwise my dad wont let me blow the $$$$$.
v35 board is garbage... they should rename it the blender board... it thinks it can put tons of pressure on paint and it juggernauts through balls like no other. vlocity has multichip design, w/ the blitz chip you can roll face.

msv- the life of 6 aa's is like 3x longer than 3 9v. plus e2 lihtium-ions dont come in 9v, only aa and aaa. they are amazing. i got a ~5bps increase on a halo with those batteries alone

Maxx-Damage
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Thats the 1st ive ever heard of that issue, last i remember. Price wise looking at them, it seems to me gettin the Vlocity JR might be the best way to go and eventually gettin the chip for it. 145 for a hopper isnt gonna go to well with the parents either, seeing how im gonna need a +$300 part for my bike.:(

Also this thread has helped me realize the halo isnt the best, i feel like a noob again.:(

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Thats the 1st ive ever heard of that issue, last i remember. Price wise looking at them, it seems to me gettin the Vlocity JR might be the best way to go and eventually gettin the chip for it. 145 for a hopper isnt gonna go to well with the parents either, seeing how im gonna need a +$300 part for my bike.:(

Also this thread has helped me realize the halo isnt the best, i feel like a noob again.:(
the only problem with the vl jr. i have is that with guns that don't seal a shot completely, the air burst up the feedneck can cause the balls to jump, even under pressure since the vl jr. is like a select force velocity on low pressure setting. on guns that vent some air upwards, the select force chip is a must.

example: amg (has small upburst) i would have problems keeping a steady stream at times (definately due to the hopper)

ion (near perfect seal, no upburst, you can tell by dry firing in a house) i get good speeds on my vlocity jr. dm6 tends to rip insanely well with it. PMR has small troubles, but not a ton.

Maxx-Damage
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I think the MR2 has a nuke explode in the chamber every time. I could leave a ball in the chamber and a ball next to it, fire and the ball on top would blow out like3ft up. Would the pulse stop this?

MVS1
04-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Nope, the blow back is because of the 650+psi operating pressure and non-sealed bolt design of all spyders. Using a pulse could "possibly" make it worse. Because the pulse keeps positive pressure on the ball stack, combine w/the blowback may end up "detonating" balls in the raceway because of the back pressure, unlikely but possible. Only way to get rid of blowback is to lower your operating pressure and get a bolt w/ orings to help seal up the "firing" chamber. Sorry man no quick, one stop fix here.

Maxx-Damage
04-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Figures, guess ill have to wait until xmas to get enough $$ for a PMR and a Pulse, hopefully. Forgot also, nice review on the pulse beaver.:)

HelpDeskHustler
04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Nope, the blow back is because of the 650+psi operating pressure and non-sealed bolt design of all spyders. Using a pulse could "possibly" make it worse. Because the pulse keeps positive pressure on the ball stack, combine w/the blowback may end up "detonating" balls in the raceway because of the back pressure, unlikely but possible. Only way to get rid of blowback is to lower your operating pressure and get a bolt w/ orings to help seal up the "firing" chamber. Sorry man no quick, one stop fix here.
the feedneck blowback wont cause a ball to break, it just barely shifts the balls upwards, but it's enough to mess with low pressureized ball stacks. Pulse would definately help.

MVS1
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Honestly Help I hope your right because if I paid ~$140 for a loader just to have it make things worse I'd be pissed. Sorry man I guess I didn't make my post clear...the pulse is a great loader, in fact I'm planning on getting a 2nd one as my backup.