PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain the magnet mod

spyder209
04-23-2007, 10:35 AM
does this really eliminate trigger bounce altogether or am I better off getting a another with programmed debounce. I really don't want to void the warranty.

vwjimmy
04-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Personally, I dont think changing your trigger return spring out for magnets will help with bounce much. Magents provide a smooth, quick return but they are not stronger than the factory spring. They work by replaceing the spring with two small magnets, one on the trigger and one on the frame, that repel each other to return the trigger. Bounce with a stock board has to be corrected by adjusting trigger pull...both depth and distance....
To get a board with adjustable software debounce, you will have to pick up an aftermarket board like the 'T Board'....

spyder209
04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
do i need to purchase the chip when buying the t-board or can I just upgrade that later?

alecamo
04-23-2007, 12:46 PM
better off later

Oscum Guy
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
better off later
wtf?

well do the magnet mod, it really helps with a smooth pull and quick return. that along with the microswitch mod or a new microswitch.

spyder209
04-23-2007, 02:32 PM
whats the microswitch mod?

pb34
04-23-2007, 02:49 PM
The microswitch mod would be modding your microswitch so it isn't so hard to push. I would reccomend just buying a new 50 gram microswitch. You can get them for 8$ shipped and it is a very nice upgrade.

Edit: Here (http://www.x-customs.com/) is where you can buy a new microswitch for 8$. They are currently closed but I'm sure will be back up very soon.

vwjimmy
04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
A VerC T Board already has all the 'modes' you could ever want, and no 'chips' need to be purchaced...just the board.
Lightening the microswitch is a great performance enhancement, but will only add to your bounce issues....you need to resolve the bounce problem before you start doing things to make the trigger easier to pull or the switch lighter to activate...

shunut
04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
If he is having trigger a problem with trigger bounce with a stock microswitch, he is not going to want to switch to a lighter switch. Stock switching are about 250gm. If you put a 50gm switch in it, you'll have more bounce.

LiquidSmok3
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
can you send some links