PDA

View Full Version : got a problem

Kyaku
04-23-2007, 08:28 AM
i have a spyder pilot ACS thats completely factory parts, so i have yet to change anything big on it. recently it has stopped recocking completely and trust me when i say i've tried everything to fix this thing from just a good lubing to taking the whole thing apart and replacing every o-ring. i'm out of ideas of what to try to fix it and i know its not the tank since the regulator on the tank say says its full.

Pwgsx
04-23-2007, 09:39 AM
hope you didnt lube the bolt..........did you??

alecamo
04-23-2007, 01:28 PM
on mine i started using 9-volts and mine did the same thing. do u use 9-volts? i had to buy another chargable batery

Kyaku
04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
no i didnt lube the bolt, but i did start using 9-volts, i'll try switch to a chargable battery and let you guys know how that turns out

pb34
04-23-2007, 05:21 PM
no i didnt lube the bolt, but i did start using 9-volts, i'll try switch to a chargable battery and let you guys know how that turns out

That could be the problem. 9 volts sometimes don't have enough power to recock it, thats why they provide a 9.6 volt battery with the gun.

vwjimmy
04-23-2007, 05:27 PM
The battery might cause it not to fire but pressure recocks the marker...thats why they are called 'blowbacks'....
Did you pull the valve out and replace the o rings on it? Does it 'burp' when you fire it?
I have had several Spyders with bad o rings on the valve body that allowed enough 'blowby' to prevent recocking.

nbishop66
04-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Look to see if the filter is clogged between the ASA and the braided stailess steel line. In the exploded diagram in the users manual it's either 37A or 37B. I removed mine completely on both my son's and mine when we had problems recocking, and it worked like a champ.

kidonfire
04-25-2007, 07:35 AM
One more thing. check the sear and make sure it's not rounded.