PDA

View Full Version : Video games!?!?!

kidonfire
04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220228/

marvin-martian
04-20-2007, 12:10 PM
anyone with the mental capacity of a 4 year old can distinguish between the real world and a game.

clickclicksplat
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM
"He might have killed somebody but he wouldn't have killed 32 if he hadn't rehearsed it and trained himself like a warrior on virtual reality. It can't be done. It just doesn't happen."

Right. Because using a mouse and keyboard to fire a gun is exactly the same as firing a real gun.

Jack Thompson disgusts me. The fact that he comes out with a statement like that before a freaking suspect has even been announced is bogus. He's just using it as an excuse to promote his rediculous crusade against games. He's trying to use these events as a tool to further his own opinion, which to me is disrespectful to the victims and their families. Why? He doesn't actually care about what happened to them. He just cares about what he can gain from their deaths.

Ugh.

BrianT
04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
This guy is really crazy. What he is talking is really stupid. How can he even say that stuff?

yod3r
04-20-2007, 01:39 PM
thats sad that sum1 would even say that

XxPaintballxX
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
just tryin to get his face in the media.......which is really sad like yod3r said

HelpDeskHustler
04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I hope he gets sued for Libel, he blames Microsoft for Dear Mr. Gates:

On Monday, April 16, at 3:10 pm, I was a guest, as I often have been in the past, on the Fox News Channel. News anchor Bill Hemmer asked me to profile the Virginia Tech rampage killer. I did so, noting that until that day the worst school massacre in world history was at the hands of Robert Steinhaeuser, who literally trained on the Microsoft on-line, hyper-violent shooter game, Counterstrike

Microsoft doesn't even own counterstrike, and he's blaming them for 32 murders, within reading of Microsoft's shareholders, thats Libel.

CENSORSHIP IS FOR CONTROL FREAKS, WHO WANT TO BE OUR FASCIST RULER. counterstrike does not promote violence in real life because in counterstrike, people come back in 2 minutes, everyone "with a mental capacity of a 4yearold" can distinguish between actually causing harm, and doing no real damage to people. Computer characters, unlike humans, show little diversity and emotion, and are therefore "expendable", humans are not.

Jack Thomson is a loser, and my mom is a sucker. We now have 2 boondock saints posters and a pulp fiction poster she refuses to allow in my game room because she believes this lobbyist b/s

pb34
04-20-2007, 07:59 PM
It is ridiculous what some people will do to get their face in the media.

HelpDeskHustler
04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
It is ridiculous what some people will do to get their face in the media.
no, Jack Thomson is just a ****, he obviously cares very little about what people think about him.

VS3 Sniper
04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
How did I know this would happen. I play need for speed but does that mean I am going to go start street racing?......no.

pb34
04-20-2007, 08:20 PM
How did I know this would happen. I play need for speed but does that mean I am going to go start street racing?......no.

Yes....jk. But I mean really, those who can't tell the difference between a videogame and real life won't be playing videogames anyway

leed
04-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes....jk. But I mean really, those who can't tell the difference between a videogame and real life won't be playing videogames anyway

Hahaha, not to mention, all the NFS games have little WARNING and NOTICE things in the game where they say do not try to do this in real life, this is a simulation, etc etc. I'm not sure if CS has that, I've never played it enough/cared enough to play it.

In any case, Video Games are stupid, I'll agree as far as that goes. But blaming a killing on Video Games is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. That's the equivalent of blaming history class for it. If anything, I would blame movies over video games, but I wouldn't even take it that far.

BrianT
04-21-2007, 10:23 AM
i don't think that CS has any kind of warning system. But it shouldn't have to, people should be more aware of whats real and whats not. But to blame the massacre on CS or any other type of game is really ignorant.

DFSniper
04-24-2007, 01:45 AM
in my 18 years of living, ive read every Tom Clancy book from the Jack Ryan series and every Clive Cussler book on Dirk Pitt, in 9th grade i read Black Hawk Down and the Delta Force autobiography (written by Col. Charlie Beckwith himself), and right now i just finished Splinter Cell: Checkmate and started on Richard Marcinko's autobiography, Rogue Warrior. i can tell you that for the most part, these books are just as, if not more, violent than any shooter i have ever played, except maybe F.E.A.R. all this videogame **** is bull****. go watch 300, Sniper, Shooter, Navy Seals, Clear and Present Danger, etc. tell me how violent that is compared to a round of CS:S.

in my closing statement: **** the media, **** anti-videogame nazis, and **** gun control activists!

bamf-hacker
04-24-2007, 06:12 AM
People are always out to blame something. Be it video games, paintball, tv, books or anything. No one can ever just say "he was crazy"

Ace24
04-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah because Counterstrike is hyper-violent...

Try playing Quake, Unreal, HALF LIFE (not the CS mod), Doom, I can go on and on of games that are worse then CS for violence. Out of the people in the US besides George Bush, I think they need to be assasinated.

Taillo
04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Ive seen articles saying the virginia tech shooter didn even play games. The first highschool shooting in the US happened before Pong! was created...