PDA

View Full Version : Tried everything, and I still chop...

dstrohl
04-20-2007, 07:59 AM
I know that there have been several threads about chopping problems, and I have read all of them, so let me give "by way of history"...
Purchase date 4/06
MR2 status-everything stock
played once per month from April to September...no chops
October...it begins chopping
I begin researching to see what the problem is...from November to February I make the following modifications:
replace detent (w/the red Timmy's)
replace bolt (w/alamo city low blow)
add trinity 6 stage expansion chamber (I think it is unrelated, but worth mentioning)
purchase E2 eggy
March, game day, I walk on the field thinking my problems are over...I've done everything that I can...it chops.
I think that my only alternative is to send it back to Kingman for inspection/repair, but, here's the rub, I purchased it on ebay used...
suggestions anyone????

Hob Hayward
04-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Put some grease like dow33 (shocker lube) on the bolt o-rings.

Could you explain in what manner it chops?

ksee777
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM
are you sure it's chops or is it breaking in the barrel. what kind of paint are you using?

pb34
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
are you sure it's chops or is it breaking in the barrel. what kind of paint are you using?

That is what I would like to know. Also does it chop all the time or only sometimes? If its chopping by the barrel that could mean the paint you are using is too big for your barrel.

Barricuda
04-20-2007, 11:13 AM
dont matter...spider peeps are good guys..give em a call and i have a strong fealing they will take it anyhow and fix it

darth massacre
04-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Also have you tried the normal Alamo City O ringed bolt instead of the low blow?

ViperX
04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
You mentioned using red timmy detents? Are you using the orange colored ones that came with the marker? I know everyone is using the black timmy detents, this would be a first using red ones. Could be an issue.

Also, the alamo city low blow bolt supposedly uses more air, maybe it's causing more blowby than normal.

What kind of chops are you getting?

dstrohl
04-21-2007, 06:52 AM
sorry to answer late...the kind of chops that I am getting go directly up the feed neck, and yes, I replaced the stock detent, but I think that it was black...and yes it chops at least once per game, up the feedneck. I think that answers all of the questions...sounds like I may need to give the Spyder guys a call.

dstrohl
04-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Oh, missed a couple of questions...the bolt...it is a low blow bolt with 2 o-rings...and I have lubed the o-rings. I generally use Nelson paint because that is the paint that is sold at the field where I play...generally runs me $50 per case, I hope that I don't have to start buying the really high end paint, I'm cheap but I'm not going buy the crap they sell at Wal-Mart.

QuiGonKen
04-21-2007, 08:03 AM
sorry to answer late...the kind of chops that I am getting go directly up the feed neck.

sounds like blow by to me....i could be wrong...

but doesnt the oring'd bolt supposed to fix that??

ViperX
04-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Normally the o-rings would, but it's possible to have a bolt that was milled incorrectly and has a smaller OD than it should.

Another important thing to mention here and maybe your doing this maybe you are not, but don't empty your hopper completely. I know that is not always easy to remember especially when your engaged in a fire-fight, but shooting your hopper empty will most definately cause the balls in the short stack to be more affected by the blow-by you obviosuly are getting.

Doesn't sound like a paint issue, if it were you would see more breaks inside the barrel than you would in the feedneck.

dstrohl
04-25-2007, 05:12 AM
When you say blow by do you mean the same thing as "popcorn effect"? If so, this was eliminated by the Alamo City Bolt...

rojas209
05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
i have almost the same set up, i had the same problems i just started using core paint and hpa and it fixed my chopping problems, i think co2 makes problems, i had 0 last time i went and i was on full auto most of the time.