PDA

View Full Version : MR2 In competition this saturday

Glasher
04-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Going into a a paintball game this saturday with loads of poeples. Looking foward to see if ym MR2 will be as good as it was in my last competition.

wylde01
04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
gl. hope it all goes well from you and we get a good report back.

Glasher
04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
gl. hope it all goes well from you and we get a good report back.

Ya will do with some pictures also hopefully.

darth massacre
04-21-2007, 09:41 PM
What's the good word Glasher?

Glasher
04-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Plenty!!! And some bad situation let me explain...

My Setup:
16" BT Barrel/w Phantom RIS Handguard and Integrated front sight
M16 Carry Handle
Red Dot
Alamo City Bolt/w 2 O-rings
Bob Long Torpedo(Presure set to 450-500 psi and getting 275 fps)
Empire Reloader B
Remote Line
T-Board

T-Board Settings:
ROF: 17
Dwell: 8
Debouce: 6
Eye Delay: 2

T-Board Mode used:
PSP Ramping
Reactive Trigger
Semi
Full Auto

Batery probleme at first dumb me forgot to chnage my hoppers batery so had to buy them and almost miss the first mission.

Mission 1: Take Ben Laden
ONe of the staff their was representing Ben Laden he was in the middle of the map and could only WALK and our mission was to take him and bring him insade our enemies base and make him stay 2 minutes and then explodes. Game went really well I played Broadsword position using PSP Ramping and killed 4 out of the 8 in the other team while they were consentrated on trying to take out our Dagger that had Ben laden with him. We won this mission. :)

Mission 2: Normady
This is where I had my problem, while exchanging some paint with the enemy I ran out of air...so I called the ref to bring me an extra take but since I use a remote and my Bob long reg is attach on my ASA I ahd to unplug remote take out the reg and then ptu that extra air bottle directly in my gun. Shooted only in semi but guess what happed ? Chop in the feedneck. Had to come out...our team lost while they only lost 1 man. But they were really talented anyway.

Mission 3: Take out that Ambasy!
Ok filled my own bottle of co2 replug my setup good to go, this time we HAD to win to get to the rounds where it counted but now we were the defender we had to prevent the enemies to enter the Ambasy with a can of gaz. Game went VERY well killed 1 but helped killed 3 with some supression fire.

Mission 4: Ring the Bell!
On this mission we had to protect our bell. If the enemie could run and hit the bell with either their cannon or air bottle it was done. We went on a rampage while they focused on defending we took the left flank and ran QUICLKY as much far as possible. And that suprised them as hell never thought that we would go on a all out attack on a denfening based mission. Worked well tok out 2 and I touched the bell also for the win :P

Mission 5: Protect our pilot!
That mission was hella fun. One of out man was put in a crashed helicopter that only the ref knew where it was. We had to find him the ref gave us 45 sec to start running and find him cuz after 45 sec the other team(starting behind us) was allow to run after us. The only game I got killed but I managed to steal one 1 kill from them XD but I got owned by a sneaky dude with his tiberius 9. Still we won that mission also hurray!

Final Mission: The City War
We were to the finals!!! This mission we were in a big city and the object was pretty simple: Kill all enemies. We went again vs that team e lost in the Normandy mission. It was soooo close at the end it was me vs 4 of them I took out 2 but then made some stupid error of only do a fats walking to go form a building to the other(was so tired been like 5 hours of paintball) and got head hot.

Overall: 9/10
Was an awesome days but was desapointed that it choped when the tnak was directly on it but no big deal as it was the only prob of the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Glasher/MyMr22.jpg
Pic of my gun.

wylde01
04-22-2007, 09:20 AM
wow. sounds like you had a really fun day! im always glad to hear of someone that has a good day shooting their mr2. i dont see too many people on here that have good reviews of their gun all the time.

DRAGON
04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Scuse me but that doesn't look like a Torp. What am I missing here? I've been asked a few times but haven't been to a scenario in a while now. Sounds like you had a great time. Let us know about the next - ;)

The Booth Man
04-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Scuse me but that doesn't look like a Torp. What am I missing here? Sounds like a great time. I've been asked a few times but haven't been to a scenario in a while now. Sounds like you had a great time. Let us know about the next - ;)

That is most definately a Torp. I helped Glasher set it up. Good to hear your results!

darth massacre
04-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Pretty damned awesome Glash - There's a whole summer ahead, don't let this one get to you.

Glasher
04-22-2007, 01:46 PM
That is most definately a Torp. I helped Glasher set it up. Good to hear your results!

Yes indeed you did! :)

Darth, Ya I know theirs not much good reviews about it and all but doing the right stuff it can work flawlessly...only shame about that day it's that we didn't win :(

new_Faction64
04-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Makes me sad not to see an MR-Series SPPS feed on that...I think I'm going to seriously consider parting out my feedneck to you....since my damn MR2 isn't selling.

new_Faction64
04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I love the Mission 4 story! Offense is the BEST Defense!

darth massacre
04-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Darth, Ya I know theirs not much good reviews about it and all but doing the right stuff it can work flawlessly...
Yeah, mine works nicely too - just too bad for guys like new_faction here who just get no good break from theirs, which is a shame. I'm sure you guys will bounce right back up in the next tourney, but always good to hear the MR2 working nicely all day long.

bamf-hacker
04-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Sounds like an overall fun time. Glad it was not too bad for ya.

If new_fac does part the feedneck jump all over that!

QuiGonKen
05-01-2007, 06:59 AM
howdy, not to hijack your thread but i used my MR2 yesterday and i felt like writing a review on how it went, and i felt it unnecessary to make a new thread...

ok so i went to play yesterday April 30th, 2007:
here is my MR2 set up:

- Palmers Pursuit Stabilizer Reg
- SPPS Feedneck Adaptor
- 20' SP tactical Barrel
- Alamo City 2 oringed Delrin bolt
- Shocktech 2" dropforward
- Shocktech ON/OFF
- steel HPA tank
- hopper: Apache LCD

the Paint:

500: whitebox 2nds
1000: Rec Grade: Nelson Paintballs

Previously:
when i played last time i had 2 very serious breaks, the first was right below the feedneck where the bolt would hit it....it was a mess....it was bad enough to make me have to strip and clean it out cuz the bolt couldnt recock.
the second series of breaks was because of a sheared of detent.

now before yesterday this was the most successful day of play with MR.2 i had since i bought it. before then i had a lot of recocking issues where the gun itself wouldnt recock after large amounts of breakage...

i wasnt always sure where the breakage was tho, it was a constant mess of paint everywhere along the barrel/body/feedneck...everywhere...i was frustrated but i wanted it to work...so i kept on working it....

the breakdown: Yesterday: [April 30th, 2007]
i havent played since february so i was craving some 'ball, i brought some old paint (whitebox) to the field i played at (it was BYOP) the paint was actually their paint that i bought when i last played.
**note**this paint is what i used everytime i played

FIRST 500:
the field had just come down on their "white&yellow fill only" rule and the whitebox i had was pink fill so i couldnt play with it...but i used it to chrono my gun... first thing i noticed was that as i shot into the chrono box there was a lot of breaks but i was able to shoot thru them. i noticed that i was shooting through a lot of breaks...but none was bad enough to stop the gun.

SECOND: 1000 (REC GRADE NELSON)
I used this paint afterwards because it was white fill and i noticed that there was a significant amount of less breaks......and i went on the field and started to play....
first thing i noticed apart from the lack of breaks: my hopper was keeping up with the gun...a very good thing i had bought a halo B for MR.2 because it was said that the breaks could have been due to not feeding fast enough..but because my bats died... i brought my apache and my revvy ( i was also given a boost with the reminder from another forum that angels use to run on revvys)
second thing i noticed: i was playing with absolutely no problems with the gun.
third thing i noticed: the gun was much quieter than i remembered, im not entirely sure how loud it was before but when my friend shot his ion, MR.2 was just a tad bit louder...a surprise to me...but then again i havent played in a while lol....

i played a lot of games got a couple of kills, very surprised that i was able to get any...although they were renters i havent played for so long im surprised i knew how to aim...

at the final game of the night --a rejuvy game to kill some extra paint-- we had 3 lives each....my team was doin alright till i noticed we just started thinning....i lost my first life to a friend who knew i was trying to flank her <_< and shot me in the face...

i went back to my starting bunker to find out that my team was seriously undermanned....we had been thinned out significantly ....there was a quite a bit of renters and they all got a bit scared when the opposing team had begin to push up our sides.....as i podded my last pod i looked up to see that i was the last guy left, the kid next to me who rented had just been shot off, and i realized that there was a guy to my left.....who had not known i was there i turned and fired several shots to take him out....then not knowing how many there were i felt that id rather go out shooting than to get bunkered....so i switched on the FULL AUTO, turned to the bunker that they were at and went RAMBO (on a side note, the feeling of MR.2 going full auto is INSANE) expecting for one of them-- by then i realized that there were 2 more left -- to pop out and shoot me, to my surprise not only did i not get shot out, my mr2, on full auto, was workin pristinely. With Insanity in my eyes i stood in the open shooting at the bunker that they were at ( it was a large wooden box type thingy) finally...i fell back to a different position to get a better angle then i ran outta paint. lol.

and that was the end of the night

the New paint i used made a difference i believed, as well as all the ups i added MR2 was at the top of its game, during the night i used the better paint i had very few breaks, i didnt even noticed i had any until i checked my barrel. ( which could be one or two bad balls)

all and all....great day of playing...i had a couple kills, great time AND my gun worked perfectly....

Glasher
05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Thats awesome man happy it went well for you also, I knew MR2 can work and be a killing machine. I'm going into a game tonight hope it will still be as good.

new_Faction64
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Thats awesome man happy it went well for you also, I knew MR2 can work and be a killing machine. I'm going into a game tonight hope it will still be as good.

Any sight of the SPPS Feedneck yet?

Glasher
05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Any sight of the SPPS Feedneck yet?

Nope but should be soon shipping to Canada takes normally 4-7 days.

My game went awesome tonight only used ramping and full auto since we were at a home made field we did for our team practice it was awesome again a flawless night for ym MR2

new_Faction64
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Glasher, did you ever have any chopping problems when you had the ACS bolt? I'm jealous, my MR2 chops occasionally, and I can't figure out why. Did the new bolt make any difference?

Alien
05-02-2007, 11:57 AM
For me when I start to use the new bolt it there that the problems started .

Glasher
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Glasher, did you ever have any chopping problems when you had the ACS bolt? I'm jealous, my MR2 chops occasionally, and I can't figure out why. Did the new bolt make any difference?

Actually I ahd sevral chops with the ACS Bolt even when it was broken in, the combo of Alamo City Bolt AND an good force feed hopper(Reloader B in my case) only then ym prob stoped.

For me when I start to use the new bolt it there that the problems started .

From our little chat it seem that your prob was not the bolt but the way you feed your MR2 the qloader it had too much prewind and was out feeding the detent(if I remember you ahd the stock one) I could take a bet that if you use something like Halo B/Reloader B and have a timmy detent your chops wold have decrease...cuz with ym setup I can go a hole hopper on Ramping or Full auto with no prob and I use co2.

Alien
05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Another thing that I found hard to set was the T-board with the debounce and dwell what those thing do ? And another thing that I found weird it on response trigger mode it seems that it was eating all my battery...

Glasher
05-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Another thing that I found hard to set was the T-board with the debounce and dwell what those thing do ? And another thing that I found weird it on response trigger mode it seems that it was eating all my battery...

I had my probleme with setting my T-Board I read and read the manual 10 times before I knew how to set then asked some poeple around what was their T-Board settings and I those are my settings:

ROF: 17
Dwell: 8
Debouce: 6
Eye Delay: 2

ROF - Firing speed of the marker
Dwell - Time Solenoid is on
Debounce - Debounce of trigger
Eye Delay - Delay after eyes check to ensure ball is completely in chamber.(even with no eyes I've been told to put it at 2)

Responde Trigger isn't what eats your battery, do you sue the rechargable Java Battery or a normal 9v ? Cuz normal 9v won't do I asked Scenario Dream rechargable battery fully charged are 9.6v seems to make the difference and also I still have that prob but it doens,T bother me that much it's when I don't play the boards eats away the battery life so at each end of paintball day I take off the battery and put it on my charger.

Alien
05-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I might give another chance to my MR2.. but I have a problem with the bolt. When I was shooting a lil bit fast it suddenly start to make a sound "burrpp"" but my bottle was full .Than I need to recock and I saw that my bolt was block at 3/4 in the gun .

Glasher
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I might give another chance to my MR2.. but I have a problem with the bolt. When I was shooting a lil bit fast it suddenly start to make a sound "burrpp"" but my bottle was full .Than I need to recock and I saw that my bolt was block at 3/4 in the gun .

That sounds liek you didn't lube your bolt...just lube/oil the o-rings before your games. MR2 IS a spyder and need alot of care to continualy work good.

new_Faction64
05-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah as Glasher said...it's probably an oil issue. Or even more likely is that your valve needs some oil, so put a few drops down the ASA.

Other than that, make sure your not shooting hot, that can cause breaks too.

Alien
05-02-2007, 01:38 PM
First Im gonna remove the T-board and put the stock board back . Because before that everything was running ok .

Glasher
05-02-2007, 01:41 PM
First Im gonna remove the T-board and put the stock board back . Because before that everything was running ok .

Well take note that the electronic isn't a cause of what is caused inside your marker...also I think you told me once that you left the setting to default witch aren't that good and actually not stable(well in m case) cuz T-Board was my best upgrade so far if you aks me it so fast ramping si the **** :)

QuiGonKen
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM

question when you say "chop" are u referring to...

a) a very bad chop where you have to strip and clean

OR

b) a small break/chop where you can shoot through it .....

cuz if its A you are all talking about i had the same problem but its been fixed it with the ups. if its B i still have those problems but not so often...

also if it is B its the kind of paint you use that really effects it :D

new_Faction64
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
It's A. I already bought a new marker, and my MR2 is up for sale, so there's pretty much no chance I'm trying the ACP bolt.

Alien
05-02-2007, 06:41 PM
To me it just started when I put the uprgade on it lol . What gun did you bought now ?