PDA

View Full Version : Who all's going?

bigred76
04-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Well, a new forum on the boards! W00t! :D

Just curious, who here is considering starting a team and doing this?

bamf-hacker
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I would love to go, but family, work, etc is keeping me home :(

I will be there in spirit!

HelpDeskHustler
04-19-2007, 04:49 PM
If my team goes we'll hit BOTH Chicago and North Carolina.

kayfabe1204
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Helpdesk, you can only play in one or you are disqualified ahead of time so you know(in the rules manual as we were thinking the same thing)

And we'll be there. Played in the 1st 2 Spyder Cups. Couldnt wait for this one

bigred76
04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I can't go either Dan, was just really curious to see who was considering it.

Claus, you really need to read that rule book apparently... :tongue:

Good to see an old school baller on the train and now on the boards! Glad to have you with us, Kay. Which team are you with? Gotta know which ones to watch beforehand. ;)

timmyshoota
04-19-2007, 10:24 PM
My team might do this. The opportunity has been offered to us, but I think the shop is gonna pay for us to goto Chicago Open instead.

kayfabe1204
04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome Bigred. Team's name is forgotten five. Took the name after the 1st spyder cup when everything was 5 man. Funny part is that the 1st spyder cup was our 1st tournament ever. I could share sooo many stories on that event. Was a great time. Not gonna be the same being a 3 man and also being away from Cranberry Township. But gonna be a good time no matter what. Still play tourney ball with our Spyders most the time. Its fun when you got everyone decked out with full electronics, and we are knocking them out with baseline Shutters, and SE's. Its all how you play, not what you play with.

Cakeslob
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
hopefuly to chi town with dre

STRIKEFIRST
04-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I may be in Chicago...Need a third member...None of southern boys can make it to CHI-Town

Rebel Strike - needs one more member in the North

kayfabe1204
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
If you were in Charlotte, I'd say we have an extra. Going there with a alternative thats been with us since the beginning as well.

Jack In The Box
04-23-2007, 10:22 AM
My team will be in the LA event. Got almost all my ends covered and T's crossed. Cant wait to go.

Who else is going to the LA event?

kayfabe1204
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Hopefully Jack, we'll see you in the 2nd LA event.

shunut
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I might go watch the 1st LA Event. I think I have a check up at the transplant center as UCSD close to that Event. If I do I am going to try hard to make it to at least one day of the event.

Theheroguy
04-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I wanna go to the charlotte one in nc i thinks its like two states over but IDK I don't think I'm gonna make it

Jack In The Box
04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Count on it kayfabe. Cant wait to see ya there. I just got another big sponsor. So far everything is working out awesome. And good luck to ya.

kayfabe1204
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Good luck to you too Jack. Have you played in any of the cups before?

Jack In The Box
04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately no, I wanted to play in 2001, however, my team at the time flaked off, so, those hopes went out the door. This one is kind of a milestone for me. :-)

kayfabe1204
04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll tell you now its an adventure. If its anything like the past ones make sure you get your rooms, or campgrounds early. Also bring backup markers. We learned the hard way. 1st ever tournament (the 1st spyder cup) and as we go to chroney for the 1st game, one of our guys markers blows an o-ring. We went in 5 guys, only 4 markers, and somehow still maxxed out. But throughout the day something would go wrong with a marker. Thank goodness Kingman had techs onhand to work on things. Also bring extra money. You'll have vendors selling stuff. Sometimes for cheap. Plus players selling things. Its definately a good time.

Jack In The Box
04-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Thats awesome to hear. I already planned on bringing a bunch of extra money. :-D I know how the tournament scene is, even with being out of it for a while now, I remember my first tournament being a very hectic time. We went home winners, but it wasnt without a huge struggle.

I am sure this will be a lot of fun. Going to the same location both times will benefit me very much, although I dont know what to expect for this first event, I will know in the championships. :-D Hope to see ya in the middle.

kayfabe1204
04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Actually I hope to see you before the games.....Then on the sidelines with a gog or something in the finals...then again when I've got the H2 keys..LOL. Good luck. Let me know how your experience is in LA considering Charlotte is after. Gotta know how the paint is etc..

Mech Warrior
04-26-2007, 09:32 AM
My son and I are hoping to go to Charlotte. Gotta find a third.

kayfabe1204
04-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Well if you make it Mech, let me know. We'll be there Friday morning.

Jack In The Box
04-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Actually I hope to see you before the games.....Then on the sidelines with a gog or something in the finals...then again when I've got the H2 keys..LOL. Good luck. Let me know how your experience is in LA considering Charlotte is after. Gotta know how the paint is etc..

Lol, thats funny stuff right there. :jester:

I will let you know how the paint shoots, I'll show ya if ya want. :smirk: And dont worry, at the end of the championship, I will give you the VIP tour of the H2 with my name on it. :D

Good luck to you too. I wish you well in Charlotte.

kayfabe1204
04-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks Jack. And had to try and drum up some conversation on this board. Have you read all the rules yet? Some interesting things in there.

Jack In The Box
04-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Yes, I have read and re-read them, just to make sure my teammates know them well. Most of them are basics. I have some questions to some of them, and am waiting for some of the stuff they said in the rules to happen, like when they will release a diagram of the playing field.

One that I dont understand is the rule that says no see-through hoppers. I dont understand that, but I am sure they have a good reason. Maybe they just want to make it a little more fair or something. I like how they have it set up so far.

How much have the rules changed since you were in the last one, or other Spyder Cups? I know this format is a test format for the Money ball thing, but I remember in 2001 the rules were pretty basic 5 man play. I had the info on that event, but didnt get to go.

Talk to ya later.

Kingman-Rep
04-30-2007, 08:56 AM
One that I dont understand is the rule that says no see-through hoppers.

I know this format is a test format for the Money ball thing

Talk to ya later.

If the ref can see the paintballs inside your hopper then he may call you out because it could look like a hit. NPPL has this same exact rule.

Any similarities to money ball is purely coincidental.

TheRedBarron
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Money ball is just a mess, it wont make it big, I don't know where you heard that this tourney is a test format for it. The spyder cup is just a tourney that has always been designed to even the playing field, make everyone use a gun that is more or less equal to the one next to it, throw everyone out there in a 3 man format (fastest format) and let them play. Play is the key word here, they are taking the markers out of the situation as much as possible, they are really trying to focus on individual and team skill, rather than the performance of your marker. That is how it was back when it started, only a few rule differences. This tournament is ideal for testing your skill against the other team, it is a true test of skill. That is the only thing that this tournament is trying to promote. That and it brings out a good deal of spyder enthusiasts and we all have something to talk about because of our love for one marker.

Jack In The Box
04-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Thats awesome to hear. I completely agree about the Money ball scenario, its terrible.

I am sorry for making it sound like I did. I am glad to hear that it is coincidental.

I love what you all are doing with this tournament. The whole basis of what I started playing paintball for has all but disappeared. So many people with the spray and pray motto, ugh. Its sad.

Thank you Kingman-Rep for answering that question. And keep up the good work. I cant wait to go to LA.

weitjosh
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
if anyone is lookin for a third or an alt, im open for it. i really wanna go but nobody in my area that is serious owns a spyder haha.

Kingman-Rep
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
if anyone is lookin for a third or an alt, im open for it. i really wanna go but nobody in my area that is serious owns a spyder haha.

you should post your area.

weitjosh
04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
my bad. im in missouri, so the regional tourney id be best to go to would be chicago.