PDA

View Full Version : VS Detents

STRIKEFIRST
04-19-2007, 05:48 AM
Due to the recent problems with VS detents I took it upon myself to dremel my bolt.

Why I did it was the fact that I have torn 2 detents while shooting and they jam the bolt or won't allow the bolt/striker to come forward far enough to strike the valve. In either case...you are now a sitting duck...and throwing paint by hand isn't much fun.

So I dremel'd the detent grooves large enough not to contact the detent at all. Success! there is also very little to no resistance now from the detents as a matter of fact you can't feel the detnts will insatlling your bolt. Less resistance should equal lower operating pressure.

If you're carefully your detents will live longer.

If you screw your bolt up your on your own! Please don't blame me...I'm not responsible! ;) :D

PBBLITZ
04-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Ive also found using one detent is just as gd! Dont be afraid to take one out as other markers only use one detent aswell :D

STRIKEFIRST
04-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Ive also found using one detent is just as gd! Dont be afraid to take one out as other markers only use one detent aswell :D

I think I kicked this mule in the rear...

I pulled out all my VS detents...2 markers worth...some of the detents are slightly taller than others. The portion that goes against the eye cover anyway.

Then I started experimenting with tighten down pressure on the eye covers...yeah I found my problem anyway. I tighten the cover just enough so it won't wobble...carefully trimmed down the detents with excess material and shazzam goober...fixed.

Also if you strip out an eye cover screw use I believe it was a T-7 torx bit comes right out.

sparx17
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. And it seems to work fine, balls do not fall out.