PDA

View Full Version : Pressure for electra 06

UnFr@G
04-19-2007, 04:30 AM
From below handles on mine Electra w/eyes are a regulator of pressure, whether if I play on CO2 it is necessary for me to reduce pressure? What optimum pressure CO2 for Electra?

Jessman512
04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Sorry no straight answer here...optimum pressure on AIR/CO2 is very similar and is based on what you want of your marker.

LP and High Flow

or

HP and Low Flow

Most go LP since it proves better consistancy and less chops/popcorning...

In this case you would aim for an electra pressure around 300psi. Parts you would look at are:

(1) Alamocity bolt (not "low blow" will not work with a threaded barrell, just reduce velocity)
http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html

(2) Maddman spring kit
http://www.maddmanproducts.com/Home_Page/Spring_Kits.html

(3) Titanium Hammer (Spyder/Java Titanium Hammer w/ Electronic Grip)
http://www.darkhorizoncorp.com/products.asp

That should drop your pressure considerably... for roughly $85 shipping included. Any other "upgrades" will make negligible difference on the '06 electra.

If you not looking to spend anything, then simply adjust (tighten, turn to the right) the velocity spring on the back of the gun and tighten the regulator screw on its respective "bottom." Too much on the regulator will kill your fps and too tight on the spring will chop balls, so best to balance these at a field w/ a chrono. Don't expect 300fps at anything less then ~600psi though.

Cheers

MVS1
04-28-2007, 04:20 PM
From some experience I have had with stock 06 Electra's 500 psi is the lowest it will go without a new reg (Co2 slightly lower, but the reg seems to climb backup to 500psi). Even after Lp mod's the stock reg has a hard time recharging fast enough to kep from jack-hammering while trying to keep up with the ROF the rocking trigger can produce. After going to an aftermarket frontblock (assault block or trinity, didn't matter and an after market reg {detonator in this case}) I was able to get it to consistantly recock and keep up with the rocking trigger at 325 psi. I'm sure somebody else can show lower psi, but as Jessman pointed out you need a couple of items to make this happen. The point is the stock reg is your week point and should be replaced if you want to get into the 300's or less.
**I'm sorry I may have mis read your intent on the orginal question, reduce your reg pressure gradually to a minimum of 500 psi to get you below 300 fps (somewhere b/t 700 psi and 500 psi you should be well below 300 fps), if your still shooting over 300 fps at that point then a spring kit is needed to get you below 300 fps.

Jessman512
04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
The stock regulator could also be upgraded as mentioned, although, I also own the '06 electra and with the ups I mentioned, I'm able to run it at 350psi, so results will indeed very.

Air is better then CO2 for stability shot for shot, so perhaps you should expect a slightly higher psi for consistancy.

Peppers
05-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Can you tell me which bolt you would recommend exactly from that site. Not low blow isn't too specific. Looking to go low pressure with my 06