PDA

View Full Version : so, how bout that nor' easter?

colonel_moo
04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
so i was on my way to my girlfriend's house today and found this blocking the road:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Encrypted87/0416071110.jpg

thats usually a very small stream. that wasnt the only one either. there was one swamp usually on either side of the road that was about 4 inches over it as well, as well as a few other not-so-bad flooded parts of the road. my car did manage to make it through all of them though. one of the bigger rivers around here was so high that it was actually threatening someone's house near the banks. it was just about at the basement windows when i drove by, with DPW workers all over the place trying build sandbag barriers. ive never seen anything like this around here. the area has so many hills that nothing ever really floods, but apparently this time nature meant business. anyone else from new england getting any flooding?

durrell
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
It didn't flood us too bad. I have a friend in New York and it's raping them.

leed
04-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, no flooding. But the weather is whack. Crazy as hell. Our power went out today for school for the majority of the day because of wind + trees + powerlines. And we still had school. That sucked. It was really nice out though, nice and sunny, completely clear skies. Wish I had a kite at school today, would have been great.

It's was actually really funny. This week is Environmental Awareness Week, or something, and we had an assembly where these people had a presentation about how we should stop using so much power, use different lights, etc, etc. The class after it, we were talking about how we should just not have school tomorrow (today) and turn off all the power to the school and everyone just stay at home and in bed. And then the power went out.

It's crazy how much bad stuff can go on in a single day..

DFSniper
04-17-2007, 03:01 AM
had a friend who did a u-turn (slowly) and ended up fishtailing and breaking his camaro's front wheel and popping the tire when he hit the median...crappy aluminum...

HelpDeskHustler
04-17-2007, 03:30 AM
did you get yo your g/f's house?

marvin-martian
04-17-2007, 03:35 AM
the majority of the storm here was 20+ mph winds. there wasnt much rain to go along with it.

colonel_moo
04-17-2007, 09:05 AM
did you get yo your g/f's house?

haha yeah, i made it. came back through the same road too!

XxPaintballxX
04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
my neighborhood was real messed up....yesterday the majority of the schools were closed because all of the roads were underwater "rain day" lol.......just down my road a small little brook overflowed and flooded out the basements of at least 20-30 homes...right now the brook looks like rapids

yod3r
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
ya the other day it snowed about 7in here in KANSAS...never in my life has it snowed in april